Before this medication I was absolutley a mess. I was crying almost everyday, on my days off from work I would lay on the couch and would not get up all day. I had stopped going out with friends, gained over 30 lbs, and overall just didn't care about anything. I decided it was time to take action and as much as I thought, oh this is a phase and I will snap out of it, I realized I couldn't do it on...

With my doctor's OK, I've just doubled my dosage to 300 mg. Half that did absolutely nothing for my depression and same results for trying to stop smoking. Am hoping that taking double my previous dosage will make me a veritable vegetable, so that I don't have to deal with my two rotten 5-6-yr.-olds. Taking 150-dosage, there was no effect either way--which means it sucked BIG TIME. I want to b...

5/8/2021

david h | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2021
Condition: Depression

I have very mixed feelings on this medication. I have used SSRIs in the past and with those, there was a point where I felt absolutely nothing from the medication and then a moment came where they definitively begin to take effect. Wellbutrin was not like that at all. I believe it was having a positive effect for a week or two before I even realized it was happening. It certainly did make me feel a little better, but it was slow and much more mild than I would have liked. However, after about two months of use, I had to start taking a smaller dose because I had a consistent headache that wouldn't go away and my anxiety was out of control. After two months on the half dose, I ended up in the hospital with horrendous chest pain and a resting pulse of over 120. If you do begin this medication, do not ignore any whisper or suggestion of chest pain starting to form. I ignored the initial signs because I attributed it to too much pre-workout and continued taking the medication. Rookie mistake.

4/28/2021

4/17/2021

Lolotriesdrugz | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2021
Condition: Depression

I take the generic of Wellbutrin, Bupropion. It's...fine. I do think it's helping in some way, in that my highs and lows feel less awful. I'm still spending too many hours on the couch tho. But maybe being on it makes me feel less terrible about needing couch time? The positives: it DOES give me more energy. If I have terrible sleep, it's not as debilitating as it was before. And as I mentioned, it does take a bit of the edge off of the fluctuations. I don't quite know if it's helping, I just know I'm perhaps not as bad off as I was a few years, even months ago. It's also supposed to help with some ADHD symptoms. Not sure it's helped with that, though I'm not officially diagnosed with it - but I do have symptoms. It's kind of an 'eh' for me. I don't feel weird or not like myself. My libido feels good, I feel like 'me'. Weirdness: the start was rough for me. Like a baby hit of acid, and then the dryest mouth in the land. It passed. Some side effects I've had - that are temporary, thankfully - eyes ultra sensitive to light. That's gone away. Some minor hair loss. It's more an all-over shedding, and it was noticeable what was coming off on my comb. However this seems to have stopped. It's also common, according to other reviews. Last weirdness is: slightly to moderate tremor. But this has also ramped up with caffeine use. I'm going to have go off caffeine for a bit. Wellbutrin is a bit of a stimulant, so tons of coffee isn't a good idea. I actually, weirdly woudly recommend it, even with all that. I needed something, and the tiny bit of energy and slight regulation of my terrible past mood swings is helping me.