I previously was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, and was having major mood swings/PMS. After consulting with my PA, we decided to try something with the same dosage of estrogen throughout my cycle, and the seasonale was very appealing with only 4 periods a year. I can still tell when I'm supposed to be having a period because I get a little more emotional, but overall the moodswings are all but gone! I...

My daughter at the age of 33 was on this medication when she died from an intercevebral hemmorage. After reading the side effects and all, I wonder if this drug could have contributed to the death of my daughter at such a young age.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/27/2020

I have been using the generic version of Seasonale for over 2 years. It has been a life saver. I used to have very heavy periods with a lot of cramping and bad mood swings. My periods are only 4 times a year and much less intense. My mood is a lot better with less hormonal fluctuation. It took a little getting used to. Other BC pills seem to be more forgiving at missing a pill or taking a few hours late. I will have breakthru bleeding if I miss my pill by a few hours. I set a timer and religiously take my pill at the exact same time everyday. Once I started doing that I had no breakthru bleeding. I did gain weight on this pill initially but was able to lose it with diet and exercise. It doesn't help with acne like some other pills, but I haven't experienced my acne being worse like some patients describe. I really recommend this pill for people who are able to take it at the same time everyday. It's amazing only have 4 periods a year!

NO period for me. Who has time for that | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/17/2020

I have been on seasonal for more than 5 years. I take them every day, skipping the sugar pills every 3 months. I don't have a period, cramping, or bloating. I do not smoke. I have chroinc Headaches all my life so I can't blame this birth control for that. I have recently seen my blood pressure go up a little but my mother and father have high blood pressure, I am overweight and eat out way to much.

Julie | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/6/2018

I've never been this anxious in my life. The last 3 months have been the worst. This pill gave me depressive thoughts, major anxiety, insomnia, tension headaches, fatigue, weight gain, and brain fog. The anxiety is so bad I have bad neck and shoulder tension causing pain. I've been off of it for 3 weeks now and even though I still have symptoms, I already feel a difference and getting better day by day. I'd rather have acne and have my period every month than feel like this for the sake of skipping periods. Stay away from this birth control.

GeezerMom | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/11/2018

I spent over a decade on seasonale, took it religiously at 6 pm every night, and got unexpectedly pregnant while taking it, at 42. Quite a shock for all of us, but baby was healthy and everything worked out for us, but I feel like I need to let other people know!

Marie | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2017
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I've been on it for 3 weeks now and I haven't stop bleeding since a started it. But the worst part for me is the constant hearth Ache! I feel sick all the time! It is so bothering I am debating if I should continu take it or not...:( bouhou