I was really nervous to try this after seeing all the awful side effects people have had, but I've just begun my fifth month and haven't noticed anything at all. No weight gain, mood swings, nothing. I would recommend that people give it a go because if you think about it, the only people who are really going to be motivated to review are most likely those who hated it, so the online rating is alm...

Well, the best I can say is that this drug has done what it's supposed to do. I haven't gotten pregnant since I started using it, but that's all I can say for the positives. To name a few of the issues this drug has given me: headaches/migraines with increased frequency, severe abdominal pains, nausea, mood swings, extremely strange periods, chest pains, tender breasts, and very frequent shortness...

FondaP3tting | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/3/2019

I have taken this to prevent pregnancy for years. And years. Most of my adult life. It is effective. Easy to take. Keeps my periods light. I have not experienced any side effects. I used to have very heavy, painful, and long lasting periods. They are much shorter and more manageable. I don’t know what I’d do without this stuff.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I was on Tri-Sprintec for 9 yrs and my body started to change, so my Dr decided to switch me to Junel. It turned out to be a horrible experience. I had extreme headaches, super irritable, bleeding, sadness, no desire for sex, and all of this within first 2 weeks. My moods were all over the place, even my job was walking on egg shells. I got back in touch with my Dr and he put me back on tri-Sprintec.

rhapsody88 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/27/2016

I went on Junel after having a horrible reaction to Cryselle (cystic acne and skin rash). You may be one of those people who are sensitive to certain progestins like I am. Apri made me so depressed I didn't want to get out of bed. Cryselle gave me a rash and painful acne but my sex drive was that of a 16 year old boy. Junel didn't diminish my sex drive but it slightly improved my cystic acne. Now I'm on Cyclafem and my sex-drive is a-ok still, but I have slight cystic acne. My doctor is going to switch my pill to Nortrel .5/35 as the lower Norethindrone dose may rid my back and chest of acne. For those of you dealing with terrible side effects don't give up! Every woman's body is different and it takes time to find a hormonal method that works best with your chemical makeup. Tell those around you that you're trying to find the right pill for you and to be vocal on any changes they may see that you don't. Plus it will help to keep you sane with a good support group while you ride the birth control pill hormonal roller coaster.

Alicia | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/6/2016
Condition: Painful Periods

I've been on this for 9 days. Started the 1st day of my period which normally lasts 4 days. Period ended, but Continue to have breakthrough bleeding, nausea, mood swings and depression already. No more pills for me! I know my body!

Mcha | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/22/2016
Condition: Acne

I just started this medication. Within days of starting this medication, I have had nightmares just about every night. The dreams makes no sense. Severe night sweats, head aches, bloating and no motivation to do any thing. I have 8 more days til I hit the sugar pills. I have never have cyst like acne before in my life. By day 3 or 4 of starting the bc I broke out all over my cheeks and neck. I feel gross and moody. I am stopping after this pack. I scar easily and don't want the cyst to ruin my face. It's hard enough not having confidence in my self in the first place, and now having to deal with cyst acne on my face.