This Drug has improved the quality of my life greatly! After years of taking T3's. To make it thru the day. And they just knocked the edge off the headaches.I tried sumatriptan and it works with no side effects. Don't let your headache get out of control. If you feel one take one immediatly.Takes about an hour.After 30 years of pain this has changed my life for the better.

The Sumatriptan that was given to me loosely, in a bottle, is different than the foil pack according to my pharmacist. I became very ill after my pharmacy filled my Sumatriptan prescription with the white round tablet instead of foil pack. When checking with the Pharmacy, I found that the non-foil tablets contain "SULFA" which I am HIGHLY ALLERGIC TO. Therefore, I became very ill!!

HateMigraines | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/7/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

This medication got me my life back!! Been taking this since early 1990's when this first came out, I was actually part of the trial. Nothing relieves my migraines like sumatriptan. I take 50mg at onset and within 45min to an hour, I am fine. I never leave home without it.

Premenopausal | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I’ve had what I call hormonal headaches for most of my life so has my mother.. it’s a migraine that comes around that time of the month but now I’m 50 and I’m getting migraines all the time. This medicine has helped me tremendously.

Candace Breana | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/20/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Best thing I’ve used for my migraines. It doesn’t take away all of the pain but it reduces it from an 11 to a 1 on a scale from 1-10. I also get super drowsy sometimes when I take it but it’s worth it

genesis | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/29/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

i have had terrible migraines for most my life and i started this medication about two years ago and every single time it has taken away my migraine within 15 minutes, the only thing is the pain in my neck and throat, sensitivity to heat, the weakness and tiredness. but the side effects are way better than having a migraine !

laura a | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/16/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been having migraines for years. dr finally prescribed me this medication. I only take half the pill because of the side effects. it takes away the pain most of the time other times it relieves it enough to where I can function. but the pain is still there but not as bad. the side effects are the tightening in my neck and throat the burning in my nose and the tired feeling after. it does make my migraine worse before it gets better. but id take the side effects over the migraines any day. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/6/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

Within 15 minutes this gets rid of my migraine every single time, I only take it for really bad migraines because the side effects are rough. I get really sore muscles, sore throat, and feeling of weakness. The side effects are better to have than a migraine, though. Honestly it's great to know I can continue my day if I get a migraine with this pill.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/4/2020
Condition: Migraine Headache

I’ve been getting debilitating migraines for some tome with nothing working as relief Started this medicine about a week ago and my headache disappears within a half hour Medicine makes me feel a little tired and causes a burning sensation in my nose Mild upset stomach and loss of appetite the following day All these side effects are worth it to me!

gOoberdog | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

Worked within 1 hour. Made my throat hurt a bit but worth it.

Agave | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/10/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

While this medication both at 1/2 and a full pill work very well on the headache it makes me dizzy and I pee all night, usually at least 4 times. That's not good. So I try not to take it because of that.

bilahn | 55-64 | Male | Patient
1/11/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been taking Sumatriptan for over 30 years and it has saved my life. I get migraines so bad I feel I am at death's door, and this medication stops them cold in 30 minutes. I have no side effects whatsoever. NO other medication has ever worked at all. Not everyone will be as successful as I am or should take it, but if you have migraine, I would strongly suggest seeing your doctor to see if it will work for you.

walkingtall | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

get migraines at least once a week-dr. said try this now have nausea ,dizzy/loopy , and still have migraine on top of the other bad feeling. not taking anymore ..no help--but it was easy to swallow the pill.

mint | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/4/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been taking this for 2 months. I get 2-3 migraines a week. However, only 2-3 a MONTH are debilitating. Those are the instances where I have ONLY noticed that Sumatriptan actually helps. For my minor migraines it does nothing. Although, I am not sure if the relief for my bad ones are from the sumatriptan or sleeping/ibuprofen/hot shower.

IMO725 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/5/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I suffered with migraines lasting mostly up to four days per occurance. They were so severe I’d almost wish for death! Finally my dr put me n sumitriptan, and it literally saved my life I believe! I try not to focus on the neg side effects, because to be rid of the pain is worth it! One pill will knock it out within min, and I know I can always take the second one for the most severe flare ups! I do take it as last resort as I have I very high threshold for pain because this is a dangerous med, but when I need it , it has never failed my severe pain!!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/18/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraine for years, y this rx works effectively.

Life saved | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraine headaches since I was a pre-schooler. For as long as I can remember I have suffered with migraine headaches sometimes three to four times per month and each occurence could last up to three days. I would be hypersensitive to light and noise. My head would ache severely on my left side. I would be nauseous and sometimes dizzy and miserable from the feelings of helplessness. I struggled through elementary and high school and persevered through the agony. Tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen did nothing to lessen the pain. It was after my family doctor tried me on many other alternatives that he suggested Sumatriptan. I was in my late 20s. It was a lifesaver!! It is the ONLY medication that has taken away my migraines. I just turned 60 and although the frequency of my migraine attacks has reduced, the intensity remains the same. Sumatriptan works EVERY time to take the pain and symptoms away. I honestly do not know how I could live on today if it were not for Sumatriptan. The negligible side effects are transient and insignificant compared to the migraine pain. From what I understand it does not work on some people who claim to have headaches. All I can suggest is that their headaches may not be actual migraines but possibly some other headache that Sumatriptan is not designed to treat. If it doesn't work for you that doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others. It saved my life and my sanity. Read More Read Less

nathan w | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

Incredible lifesaver. From early onset of a migraine to feeling no pain at all - even blissful, relaxed, calm. This completely eradicates my worst migraines within 30-40 minutes leaving me feeling amazing. Wish I knew about it sooner.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/16/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

At first it seemed to work, but its like a Hit and miss now its more of a miss. I instantly feel very sick and then sometimes my migraine will go away, but with the nausea I really don't like this medication anymore

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |