I was given this drug on an ambulance for vomiting it stopped my vomiting within 1-2 min. It was wonderful.

This was given as an IV to help with nausea for pain meds... i had a severe allergic reaction....

JustMe | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2016
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I went into the ER on my 4th day of vomiting, nausea and weakness. This was put in my IV. I immediately felt better although within 10 minutes I started feeling very cold and started randomly coughing and my chest started feeling tight. Within minutes of the first sign of feeling cold I was ghasping for breath and my husband was calling the nurses for help. I somehow could breathe in but couldn't breathe out so I was gulping breaths? I've never had an allergic reaction like that before so it was a bit scary. I left the ER a few hours later and felt like my whole body ran a marathon. I was exhausted.

Daughter | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/13/2015
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I was given Zofran IV to attempt to stop uncontrollable nausea and vomiting related to inner ear issue and pressure changes of flying. It had no effect; I was still vomiting off the gurney until they changed to phenergan, which was effective (although the combination of the two drugs together had some unpleasant perceptual side effects until the Zofran wore off). Recently, my mother had colon surgery, and was given Zofran to prevent nausea/vomiting after the surgery. Again for her, this had no (or very little) effect; she was still extremely nauseated and they had to change the medication. I suspect that some people--perhaps running in families--simply do not respond as is typical for this medication.

AnaGirlEmpath | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/15/2014
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I take this medication to help with chronic nausea due to malabsorption syndrome, which resulted from nerve damage to my GI tract. It works so well and is the least sedating of anti-nausea meds I've ever had.

Doggettsmama1960 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/14/2014
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

Very painful and scary. Started immediately after injection in IV. Funny taste in mouth, mouth started burning, nose and face started burning, rapid breathing, difficulty breathing, burning from top of head to feet, turned fire engine red, uncontrollable muscle movement, nose and ears were throbbing, then I started having goosebumps and chilling. Doctor ordered Benadryl iv and not sure how long it was before it started helping, but it worked. Would like some idea what ingredient in RX caused this? Sulfa drugs make me throw up and Tylox makes me feel like I'm having an out of body experience. Other than that I've never had a reaction to anything, but I don't take a lot of Rx's. Lisinopril and Estradiol on a daily basis. Any suggestions as to what else I should avoid besides ZOFRAN?

Wisdom Tooth Extraction | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/23/2013
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

Worked immediatly after surgery, but wore off quickly. Started experiencing nausea 14 hours after tooth removal surgery. Although I have a sensitive stomach, this hasn't happened in any of my past 4 surgeries including a different tooth removal surgery where they took out twice as many teeth. Overall pretty affective, I still haven't experienced any vomiting. Nasea possibly due to liquid diet change, I would reccomend this drug for surgeries.