I hope no one takes these reviews seriously. Everyone is going to respond differently to this pill. Just because someone has awful side effects does not mean you will. Take me for instance...the only side effects I have had is 1 day of nausea, some mild moodiness, and slight breast tenderness. I am through my first pack of pills...and you have to understand that the side effects you are having wil...

I have been in Ortho Tricylin Lo for a couple of years with no problems at all. I was just recently given Trinessa lo because the pharmacy said there was no reason i couldnt get the generic. I've been on it for 10 days and i'm nothing but a bloated, tired, grumpy mess. I eat clean and do 30-60 minute intense workouts daily and i couldn't figure out why i looked so bloated and the scale was a few p...

Leayor | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/18/2019

I have been on this birth control for 5 years. I never had any side effects. My period decreased from 7-9days to 3-4days max. I didn’t have too many problems with acne and pretty much no weight gain at all. It did give me mood swings nothing that was too irradic. Overall, I loved this birth control. Unfortunately, my pharmacy said that they discontinued this birth control and now I’m struggling to find another one that doesn’t make me depressed (unlike this one).

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2019

I am 26, active, and healthy. I tried Loestin for 3 cycles and bled every single day so my OB switched me to Trinessa (Ortho Tri-Cyclen). In the 4 cycles taking Trinessa, I would start my period during the last week of active pills and it would continue through the duration of the inactive week. I gained 15 lbs, started getting acne, and became an emotional wreck. It was to the point where my boyfriend and I almost broke up. My libido definitely lessened, making the birth control relatively pointless. I didn't get pregnant in those 4 months, but that's about all I can say positive about it. After discussing options with my OBGYN, we decided I would give the Mirena IUD a shot. (Basically all the Dr.'s and health care providers I know use this themselves to begin with, I was just a scardy-cat) In the two weeks I've had it I've lost 5 lbs, and my mood is getting better by the day. I will never take a combined pill again!

KJ | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/29/2019

This pill worked in that I have been on it for several months and did not get pregnant. But - the side effects, oh my goodness, the side effects. I went from being a pretty easy going person to totally crying at any given moment. I would get depressed fro no reason at all, and would burst out into tears over nothing. I literally felt chest pains coming from anxiety after taking this devil pill. My face broke out terribly - I felt like a teenager again with pimples all over my face. My husband finally sat me down and told me my mood swings were out of control. It was him who actually suggested that the change in my birth control (by my pharmacy) more than likely had something to do with everything i had been going through. One quick call to my pharmacist got me switched back to my normal prescription (Tri-Sprintec). I am hoping better days are ahead!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/14/2018

Doctor switched me from Orthotricylin without telling me. Nauseous after 3 days. What a pain! No, I shouldn't have to wait 2 years for things to go to normal!!! Ortho..had NO side effects for me. Health industry reputation can't possibly get worse. I actually don't believe the positive reviews. I think they are fake.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/13/2018
Condition: Acne

Went on Trinessa to induce my period, after a few years of Lo-Estrogen. Terrible, terrible experience for me. I never had acne in my life, and Trinessa caused TERRIBLE breakouts. I lasted the full 4 month trial period, and then switched back to my old prescription. I am still adjusting back to my old BC, and am still suffering from acne. Very disappointing. I wish I had never tried Trinessa!!