I have been taking this drug for about 5 weeks now, and have already noticed a decline in how many cigarettes I smoke per day. You won't "quit overnight" but this drug sure does make the process a lot easier. None of the OTC stuff worked for me, and I have NO willpower. This is the only thing I've found that works in my situation. Good luck if you're quitting! :)

just started taken it but had others that didn't help.haven't taken it long either to see if it will help my problems

BrandMan | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/9/2014
Condition: Depression

I was prescribed Wellbutrin SR several years ago and found it very helpful with zero side effects. My insurance company required a generic after a short time on the Brand medication and Budeprion was substituted. This was a long time ago, but it was so ineffective, I bit the proverbial bullet and paid for the Brand Wellbutrin and have been for many years now. Terrific medication but $232/month for twice daily dosage. I recently changed to a new insurance policy and the brand copay went up from $50 the first month to $252 the second month. I learned from my pharmacist that there was in fact a generic Bupropion now ($4/month) and I decided to try it and after a week and a half, so far so good. The pills even look nearly the same as the brand Wellbutrin. Apparently, budeprion is another drug altogether...if you have to take the generic, ask for bupropion and I think you'll have a better response.

Woodfern | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2013
Condition: Depression

I had been taking Bupropion and the Home Delivery Pharmacy sent Budeprion without warning. I've been taking it for about three weeks and find it does not work as well for me as Bupropion. I've also had a terrible rash, which in retrospect may have been caused by this medication. I am not happy with it and am going to request Bupropion or Wellbutrin itself when I refill.

marcie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/12/2012
Condition: Depression

Was up to 600mg a day but my body built up a tolerance where it is no longer working...had been on it for about 2yrs. I was 64 when first started, now 66 trying for something else.

Justme | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/4/2011
Condition: Depression

Did this to make wife happy. Found Zavita, listed in 2007 PDR for OTC & Herbal products. Got it at www.firstfitness.com/behealthyagain, and that works much better, without any side affects. Have trouble in the morning getting up to get my day started, even when I did 1 at night, & 1 in the morning. Just now do 1 in the a.m. It's pretty cheap, so it's not like I'm losing money. Zavita I've found has helped with other problems as well, such as my psoriatic arthritis, & my psoriasis, as well as helping a friend of mine beat lung cancer.

Ana | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/13/2011
Condition: Depression

This is my second day using budeprion sr 150 mg once a day and i already notice a difference, more energy in the morning, and no mood swings i know is only been 2 days and cant wait to have my sex drive back and i dont have that urgency to eat every minute