I took Tenuate since the age of 21. My Dr. prescribed 100 mg. a day and since the onset I had never felt nervous and my blood pressure was always normal, if not below. There were no side effects for me, ever. In fact, what it did for me was help me to lose weight and by staying on it, I was able to maintain the weight I wanted to be. The additional benefit was I was able to stay focused with m...

Honestly.. didn't like Tenuate, just didn't work, it made me feel awful, just had to stop.. Sincerely...

Hey | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/14/2016
Condition: Overweight

I have literally just started taking tenuate. So fairly I can't say how I feel just yet. I took adipex for about 6 months, but gained every pound back plus more and I was VERY MOODY. The doctor says I won't be like that on this? Is this correct? My husband and I both are worried that I'll turn back into the crazy horrible person I was on adipex. I am hoping tenuate doesn't make you mean. Please help. Thanks!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/23/2015
Condition: Weight Loss Management for an Obese Person

This medication is a great appetite suppressant and a wonderful aid to kick start weight loss. I had been struggling with weight loss for years even though I had greatly improved my diet and exercised on a regular basis. I was at loss in regards to what to do and bariatric surgery was not an option for me because I don't think surgery is a wise route to go unless it is absolutely necessary. My weight-loss doctor prescribed this and I am so glad. Remember this is an appetite suppressant NOT a weight loss pill. It is to be used in conjunction with exercise and a healthy diet. You can take this pill and it will decrease your appetite but if you are eating crap when you do eat and not exercising you will not see major results. This pill is not a quick fix. It is to aid you on your road to a healthier lifestyle. On a side not I do experience dry mouth from this medication but I just drink more water and chew gum and that problem is solved.

Luckie4Us | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/8/2015
Condition: Overweight

I went to a bariatric clinic after yo-yo dieting and fluctuating weight as a result. The doctor started me off on Phenteramine, but eventually got off of that as it had a variety of adverse side-effects (ultimately progressing to severe headaches which is why I was taken off of it). The phenteramine worked, but in the end the side effects were not bearable for me. Tenuate was then prescribed and it was by far the best appetite suppressant I had ever taken. No adverse side effects whatsoever. I felt less anxiety, in an overall better mood, no nervous energy or jitters, no racing heart, and didn't want to eat everything on my plate. I have steadily lost weight and like others, feel better when on this med. I have healthy blood pressure (albeit on the low side). That may be why this makes me feel better. I really have no idea. As a weight loss drug, I recommend this to my friends to ask their doctors about, as I have had great results. You will gain weight back when you come off if it if you have not changed your eating habits (I.e. What you eat, how much you eat, etc). It's easy to fall back into old habits, so just be aware that you have to do your part. For me it is eating a high protein diet, drinking lots of water daily and not eating after 7 pm at night. Still, this was the easiest way I have ever lost weight. I definitely recommend you ask your doctor about Tenuate if you want to lose some weight. Good luck!

Jeri | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/27/2014
Condition: Overweight

Have been on Tenuate for 6 weeks and lost one pound. No side effects and it DOES curb appetite, but still no weight loss for me. I was encouraged by glowing reviews of success, but it just didn't do anything for me.

destined4greatness | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/8/2014
Condition: Overweight

I've lost 20 lbs in 2 months. Not only does this literary suppress my appetite between 8-12 hours a day; it also keeps me feeling refresh, alert, and improves my focus & attention span. I wish I could take this as a vitamin supplement everyday for the rest of my life. The only side effect that I have, is dry mouth, but no jitters (like OTC diet pills). I've also been eating a lot more fruits & veggies, which probably helps speed up the process of loosing the weight.