Started Mircette in 1999. Was on it for many years until insurance "forced" me to go generic, so I switched to Kariva for a year, against my dr's recommendation. She mentioned that it is a low-dose hormone pill, and as a generic it can go just a little too "low," which my dr said might just be enough to end up pregnant. After a year of having break-through bleeding while on Kariva (eeks!), I th...

I went on this for birth control and to regulate my periods (which are consistent, but 2 weeks long with terrible cramping). What I didn't expect was for it to make me feel like I'm going crazy and cause cramping for a month straight. My mood swings are ridiculous, there is absolutely no other explanation for them besides this pill. I react to ANYTHING. I've experienced more cystic acne around my ...

Kitn | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/16/2018
Condition: Painful Periods

I had never taken Mircette before. When I started taking it on December 2017 I felt fine, minor headache here and there. Come early February it all went downhill. I always had the lingering headache but dismissed it. That's where I went wrong. I developed hypertension 150/110 elevated heart rate (130s), palpitations, clammy hands and feet, and extreme migraines in late February. The walk in clinic dismissed it as migraine and to sleep it off. My PCP disregarded it as "anxiety" related hypertension. I also developed mood disorders from taking this pill. It caused my vitamin D to drop horribly (I ran outside all the time) causing depression like symptoms coupled with anxiety. My cortisol levels were also high. Not once did any doctor ask if I had just started Mircette until I saw an endocrinologist who told me to STOP taking it as I had adverse effects that we're causing me these horrible symptoms. It's been 1 month since I have stopped and my anxiety is still lingering. I regret ever starting this medication. It did give me amazing short painless periods but my hormones went wonky. I hope over time I can regain my old self back. I also gained 15 lbs. Take at your own risk.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2017

No issues, great so far. I have been on it for 2 months.

ema johnson | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
7/19/2016

i had ordered mircette birth control pill online from misoprostolpills.com .I got it at discount and their shiping is too fast.

Memo Lyon | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/18/2016

Mircette is an effective birth control pills helps in controlling the fertility factor. I'm using from a very long period. Ordered it from buybirthcontrolpills dot com online

Sr | 19-24 | Female | Patient
6/21/2016

Made me so sick. Mood swings were aweful. Made my breats a bit bigger and my acne worse. Gained weight sling with being bloated.