I read the reviews here prior to taking Ramipril and almost refused to take it because of the number of negative reviews. Let me say in the one month I have now taken the 2.5mg of Ramipril, I have had absolutly no adverse side effects. Both the upper and lower readings on my BP are down from 12 to 20 points. Perhaps only those with side effects give reviews so I felt compelled to share my posi...

I just would like to know why do i take this drug! My blood pressure is ranging from 135/90 - 147/95.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/14/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

On 7.5mg, dizziness, bad anxiety, neck ache, extremely dry eyes and just generally feeling unwell. Feels like a vicious circle weighing up the benefits of having blood pressure under control but also not feeling constantly Ill

Bubbles328 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/3/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Took R at 10:30 yesterday morning by 1pm I was in hospital with a tube in my arm. My heart his 230 every time I stood up. I was dizzy and disoriented lapsing in and out of consciousness. With hope it will clear fully today as my heart still races when I stand up

Del | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/19/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Although Ramipril reduced my blood pressure to acceptable levels, after 3 months I developed a hacking cough, itchy skin (but no rash) and watery eyes. My doctors didn't guess it might be a side effect of the drug and sent me for two chest X-rays to determine why I was coughing so violently! I googled the effects of the drug and stopped using it immediately. Awaiting for an alternative to be prescribed.

JF derby | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
11/10/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Best thing i have done 2.5mg ramipril a day its brought my bp to normal first couple of weeks felt tired but soon cleared once i had adjusted it and been great since 5 weeks in all good

ramiprilpatient | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/2/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

causes blurred vision ,memory loss, nose, ear and throat problems after several years on it.

Michel | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/31/2021
Condition: Treatment to Prevent a Heart Attack

I've been taking this in 2.5mg capsule for over a year after MI. I have history of allergies to antibiotics, certain opiates and egg proteins. I have no side effects from this medication at all other than it's intended use. bp 110/70 with, 140/85 without.

Betaace | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/22/2018
Condition: Chronic Heart Failure

Severe vomiting, diarrhea, weird head feeling, dizziness almost passing out. I have low blood pressure and do not understand why I have been given this medication

Unknown | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/24/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Within the 3 hrs of taking the drug. Sitting in my office experienced most traumatic attack. Started with funny feeling in my tongue following shortness of breath within 60 seconds. Fortunately was at work, and got all the help needed ended up in ER with diagnosis of â??no any of prill drug everâ? . Before that day, never had any allergies in my entire life. If I had started this drug 24 hrs later could have been alone with my 26 months daughter.

Del 2011 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/17/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Was taking Ramipil for 18mth and it seemed to lower my blood pressure until one day I took it as I normally would only to have a life threating anaphylactic shock why shopping if it wasn't for the staff in the store quick response

iNDY | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/30/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Ok, so....this medication gives me face flushing (hot face). Sore stomach nausea, I have been on this for two months and I also get very hot and sweaty on it. Guess I need to try something else....but my dr says it doesn't cause these symptoms. Funny other ppl have the same.

Navy | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/18/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I've was on this medication for 6 months. I was suffering from a terrible cough causing my asthma to be out of control. Going to doctors for relief and taking all kinds of meds . My primary finally realized it was the ramipril. After two weeks of being off the medication no more cough.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/22/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Caused significant rhinitis. Had to cease using the medication despite its efficacy.

jaymanda | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/16/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Developed terrible cough, sweats and a whole host of other side effects Dotors did not link symptoms with Ramipril so spent 6 mths day and night with a chronic cough, breathlessness, heavy sweats etc enduring 2 courses of strong anti biotics, chest x ry, 12 lead ECG, tablets for Silent Reflux, drastically changed diet, ie. no red meat, fish, cheese, eggs, white bread or pasta, alkaline water and more. It was my sister who remembered a doctor mentioning that tablets can cause my symptoms. Stopped taking them and gained almost immediate refleif from my symptoms after enduring almost a year of the most debilatating and disturbing symptoms. This product is not fit for humans, not fit forr purpose and should be banned immediately. Read More Read Less

Tommy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/16/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I'm an adult male in my early 50's. My doctor prescribed Ramipril capsules 10mg x1 a day in the a.m. for high blood pressure/hypertension 3-years ago. Once a day wasn't sufficiently effective after 3 months, so he upped it to 10mg x2 a day morning and evening. That did the trick. It took a couple of weeks to start working well, but it did start working well and it still does to this day. Lowered my blood pressure significantly and has kept it down thus far. At the end of about the first month of the x2 per day dosage I developed the occasional throat tickle and dry cough, which would hit without warning at random times, but a little more often in the late afternoon/evening. That lasted about 3 months or so, then the throat tickle and dry cough essentially disappeared. Once in a great while I get a throat tickle and the dry cough, but it's now quite rare and the occasional instance could be something else entirely like my seasonal allergies or dust allergies acting up which has been a once in awhile occurrence since I was a preteen. All in all Ramipril 10mg x2 a day has worked pretty well for me with no ongoing routine side effects that I am cognizant of. Everything works just as fine as before -- if you catch my drift. No issues down there at all due to this medication.Read More Read Less

Maybell | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/9/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Took it 10 months, developed terrible cough, dizziness, headaches, nausea, low energy, anxiety. BP grew worse. Now I have protein leakage in kidney as well. Weaned myself off!

Happy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/28/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Although I have only been taking ramipril for a few days I have noticed a difference in how I am feeling although my blood pressure has come down it is still in the high range. Only time will tell how effective this drug is for me.

Traci0216 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/20/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Started taking this med as a needed boost to help my BP. Am also taking HCTZ & Atenolol but would have flare ups. She had me on a baby dose of only 1.25mg a day. She wasnt sure I would develop the "dry cough" since it was a low amount. Immediately felt 100% better. Felt like my chest opened up, stopped having BP flare ups. Thought I finally found the winning combo. UNTIL.....yep, the dreaded cough started. First minor irritation but then turned into throat tickles out of the blue and I would have horrible coughing fits to where I would gag! No amount of throat losenges helped. Coughed all the time. Even though Ramipril helped with the BP and I felt so much better, I couldnt handle the coughing anymore. My husband & son begged me to find something else. Finally contacted my Dr and told her I needed to change. (She switched me to 25 mg of Losartan Potassium which is in the same "family" as Ramipril. After 6 weeks or so on that one it leaves me feeling too dizzy and my BP is all over the place so back to square one again!)Read More Read Less

JcRx1 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/22/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

The Ramapril works great!! I am a CPhT at a Pharmacy, and have been on this medication since I was 16 and now I'm almost 20, the only real downer which wasn't as bad as it use to be (when I was on 5mg dosing) I am on 10mg now, but is a serious decline in "getting it up"

Nick7215 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/6/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been taking 10mg x 1/Day for some 10+ yrs without any side effects. My doc in his infinite wisdom says this is wrong and I need to take 5mg twice a day. This does not seem to suit me as well. Does anyone else have similar issues?

HellOnWheelz | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/13/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This medication almost killed me. I was well controlled on Lotrel for more than 10 years. Out of the blue, my (ex)doctor changed me to Ramipril. He didn't seem at all concerned when (in each of 3 monthly visits) my BP was tracking increasingly higher with each visit. The 4th month in ER my BP was in the 250/200 range and NOTHING was bringing it down. Morphine was the only thing that put out the fire. New doc, back on Lotrel and BP is back to 120/80.