I have only been taking PTU a short time but, so far it has worked. Although, I am still suffering some of the symptoms they have decreased substantially. The pills do leave a bitter taste in your mouth but, only if they touch your tongue. For this I recommend covering the pill completely in a spoonful of applesauce or yogurt and then swallowing as soon as it hits your mouth. By doing so I am ...

I really do not know what to think of this drug at all.

Tabatha | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

I went from hypo, to hyper tried all other med, they made me tired, nausea, and my heart was still racing. Tried this med 4days ago 50mg only once a day it helped immediately. The bitter taste is horrible, but I learned some tricks due to this site.

Tabby | 55-64 | Female | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

I have only been on this medication for 4days it has changed my life for the better. Side effects bitter taste in my mouth metallic taste.

HyperThyroidPatient101 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2019
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

Just started taking propylthiouracil 100mg two times daily. Had to get off of Methimazole 10mg once a day due to an allergic reaction. Hope this works well.

Dollbaby2017 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/28/2017
Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland

Medicine worked and helped my thyroid normalize again, but I developed bad hives which was embarrassing for awhile, so I didn't give it 5-stars.

beachcombr43 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/11/2014
Condition: Symptoms arising in Severe Thyrotoxicosis Thyroid Crisis

I have been on this medicine for 4 days. I was previously taking Methimazole and was happy with how I was responding but had issues with itching so dr. put me on this instead. I have experienced terrible headaches, lethargy, dizzy, nausea and just feel plain awful.