Asacol has been a godsend for me. This drug has literally turned my life around.When I first got sick 5 1/2 years ago I was a mess. I lost so much weight, my doctor put me in the hospital. Thanks to this medication I have been in remission for 5 years & have thankfully not had any real flare-ups,& my colonoscopies show no evidence of disease, & considering that my entire colon is affected I would ...

This is the second day I have taken asacol. I .have had several bowel movements this morning and don't feel comfortable.

deizacol | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/3/2015
Condition: Crohn's Disease

I have been on this medication for 18 years. I was on asacol for the last 16 until its name changed to deizacol. I couldn't find Deizacol on the med list on this website. Lately, this medication isn't helping as much. I have had 2 hepatic lobes on my liver since I went on this medication and I feel very bloated. This medicine had almost no side effects for years and now it seems to be giving me some.

Carl | 25-34 | Male | Patient
11/24/2015
Condition: Ulcerated Colon

Ok I was diagnosed with mild colitis when I was 18years old I was told to take asacol every day for the rest of my life I thought I new better,I went drug free for 6 years which is quite surprising but just over a year ago I started having a small flare so went to see a private doctor where I had a colonoscopy done which showed my disease being in the lower bowel and rectum,my disease is quite small only 7cm long..anyway cut a lot of Bg story short..I was asacol hd 4800mg a day which wouldn't keep this small disease at bay..so I was on and on off pred for over a year..anyway after seeing a new doctor I told him my symptoms of fresh blood in my stool,he basicly explained this is a very common problem with asacol because where my disease is right at the bottom near the rectum the asacol does not reach that far down,he now put me on 1200mg asacol a day and a 500mg asacol suppository..wishing the first day of using the asacol suppository the blood was nearly gone..this has been a game changer for me..won't like its kind of annoying doing a suppository every night and my stool looking a creamy color but the blood has stopped

JA | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/28/2015
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

Side effects: Musculoskeletal pain; sore throat; swelling of hands and feet.

asacol | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/4/2014
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Asacol works for me and has helped me stay in remission for years. The only concern is that I have 2 nodules on my liver, as well as a fatty liver since, I started taking the drug.

Leigh | 25-34 | Female | Patient
4/21/2014
Condition: Ulcerated Colon

I have heard Asacol has stopped being manufactured. Is this true and if it is, is there a generic cheaper product that I can use? It is my lifeline and don't think I can go for long without this or a product similar to Asacol.