I have been taking this medication for 5 years along with reyataz and norivir. Viral load undetectable and cd4 count 1500. Works very well for me.

I tried Truvada for PreP twice within 6 months apart and under my doctor's supervision and both times I got horrible allergic reaction that made my groin's right side and my right buttock have a very painful burning sensation that only goes away after discontinuing the medicine.

captn | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/2/2019
Condition: HIV Infection Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis

After on this medicine for 8 months I developed a severe sore throat. I could not eat or drink for one week, and had to be hospitalized, the pain was worst I ever had. and still have the soar throat after 2 weeks, although I can eat and drink now. We believe the Truvada caused a hyper-response to a sore throat virus.

Bob0121us | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/15/2019
Condition: HIV

I have been taking Truvada for about 16 years and I am undetectable and CD is around 1000. Iâ??ve never had any side effects that I know of. I have chronic migraines but have all my life and take other medications so it might be hard to pinpoint anything to this particular drug but when I started and even now I donâ??t have any known side effects from this drug. Itâ??s easy to take. Once a day at bedtime.

Adam | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/25/2018
Condition: HIV Infection Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis

This drug destroyed my sense of taste and smell in only approximately 35 days. I of course stopped taking it when this happened. It's been two months and I am noticing no improvement.

JackG | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/15/2018
Condition: HIV Infection Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis

The side effects are real. After one year of taking Truvada I was hospitalized for Acute Kidney Injury. While hospitalized my bone density was classified as Osteoporosis. Iâ??m 36. Truvada is especially dangerous with alcohol. You donâ??t need to be a gym jock that likes to go out to clubs either. Iâ??m a Sommelier and even a casual drinker taking Truvada can find themselves in serious risk of kidney damage. Be careful of the promise of a carefree lifestyle, you may end up on dialysis.

Jonny | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2018
Condition: Prevention of HIV Infection after Exposure

I already have emphysema I was put on Truvada for 4 months and had to stop taking it after 10 days not knowing that I was having an allergic reaction the entire time on it my respiratory system had almost shut down I would not advise taking Truvada if you had any respiratory problems I am still now having major problems after being off of the drug