When i take this drug i get super dizzy and sick

having chronic gout for a month in knee, Achilles, and ankle. it had helped there. this morning, however, I took it w/o food and within an hour became light headed, disorientated and somewhat faint which made me very anxious. googling "indocin light headed" made me calm down after seeing this reaction is not to be unexpected. also diarrhea. but alternative is I can't walk so pick your poison.

Stromt | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/12/2020
Condition: Gout

Doc prescribed this drug for management of pain for gout attack. I took 1 50 mg capsule with food and also took 2 .5mg colchicine tablets at the same time. I’ve been taking colchicine for years with no problems but this Doc said I should also take the Indomethicine. I read nowhere, nor did the Doc or pharmacist warn not to take these together. About an hour after taking the meds I began to feel dizzy and laid down on the couch for a while. Within about 30 minutes I began to have what I thought was a stroke or heart attack! My left side began to go numb ant twitch. I was so dizzy and scared I had my wife call 911 because I really thought I was having a heart attack. By the way, I have never had a heart attack so had nothing to compare it to. The paramedics showed up ran there test and confirmed it wasn’t a heart attack or stroke but wanted me to go by ambulance to the ER to have test run. By this time the panic had subsided somewhat and I decided that we could drive to the ER ourselves. By the time we got there, about 3 hours now from the time I had taken the meds, I was starting to feel better. The dizziness was subsiding and twitching had gone. We sat in the parking lot of the hospital for a couple hours just to be safe then headed home after all the symptoms had gone. What a terrible experience for us and our children who were also there watching the whole episode. This also could have cost me $10,000 (my insurance deductible) had I taken the ambulance ride and checked in to the hospital. Now after this incident and going back and reading other people’s stories and reactions to this drug, do I take the reading the label warning seriously? You bet! But also reading other people’s experiences also may help. I hope my experience may help someone else reading.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
6/11/2019

Given for nerve pain in foot, no change

Blocks12 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/8/2016
Condition: Gout

Had severe outbreak of gout, Dr prescribed indocin, you must take this drug with food!!! I suggest you eat about 1/2 hour before taking or else your going to get dizzy and probably have diarrhea , it has definetly reduced the pain and swelling after only 2 pills, another great thing for reducing swelling is Turmeric ,it is a natural herb easily available, works well with no side effects!

mrhardware | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/13/2015
Condition: Gout

male 54 have had gout for 6 years I don't have to tell anyone on this site how painful gout attack is. Nothing takes pain away quicker 75 mg once or twice a day pain releief in hours I do not travel anywhere with out this gout wonder drug with me. Also take 06 colcryst once a day but flare ups do happen. You can not take this drug on a empty stomach do not try it. It also makes me feel totally anxies and like my heart will come thru my chest and dizzy. But I will take it over the pain nothing stops gout flair up quicker. don't leave home with out it. also stop as soon as pain is gone do not take more than a day or two.

ankspond | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/9/2015

I've had ankylosing spondylitis arthritis for 27+ years and have taken this drug on/off. I want to note that people stating the drug caused bowel bleeding should research ulcerative colitis. Its extremely common for people suffering arthritis to develop various bowel problems.