When I first started, I was nauseauted for a few days, now after 6 months no problems with that. I do feel better and see some results.(Of course never as much as we would like) Although I notice a side effect is flatulence and that has been somewhat of a problem, especially after meals. Am taking otc meds for that and get some relief

have not started the medicine yet

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/5/2011

M

whirlwind | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
8/8/2010
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

Client lives in a memory care unit. She has not has any side effects of this medication. Family felt she did not need the medication and the dosage was decreased dramatically. In two days the client's behaviors have increased. Refusing cares and increased agitation. Sometimes we don't know how well a drug is working until the dosage is lowered or discontinued. For this client the medication works very well.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/16/2010
Condition: Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Type Dementia

The quality of my life has changed dramatically as this treatment has caused severe stomach pain, nausea and diahrea as well as wakefullness and agitation in the evening. I am requesting my Dr. to take me off as the side effects are very severe... I would rather suffer the consequences of Alzheimer disease then live by feeling sick with severe flu symptoms every day of my remaining life.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/15/2010
Condition: Osteoporosis

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Pammy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
12/27/2009

Patients & Caregivers should have REALISTIC expectations about this medication and others in its class. They are maintenance medications; improvements in a loved one's symptoms are not expected but slowed decline in functionality is the goal. My Aunt will be going home tomorrow from ALF on this medication to maintain her independence. All drugs have side effects but the sleepiness is likely depression that common with Alz Dementia. Keep it real and read the Alzheimer's Association literature.