Our 6 year old son has shown symptoms of ADHD since he was two. Boys will be boys, but he was WAY beyond a typical, energetic kid. We stopped going to church because Sunday school teachers had him in time-out most of the class and couldn't handle him. I didn't go to the grocery alone with him, only if my husband could be there to help corral him. Our pediatricians nurse suggested that he needed ...

Gave Focalin to my 6 yr old child. It begun with 10mg, but teacher said child was a zombie. It went down to 5 MG. It changed my child completely. Wince a happy loving active child, it turned her into a robot like kid. Her expressions changed. Aches and pains all over her body happened daily. Disabilitating headaches were a daily thing. She was also beginning to have a numbness feeling in he...

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/7/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I was switched to this after other common stimulants werenâ??t helping. This really did help calm my mind. For the first time since I can remember, my mind was quiet. It was quite remarkable. Unfortunately, I started to notice severe mood swings in the evenings. I would get enraged, throwing things, and it was not pretty. After my doc took me off, those feelings stopped.

cskelton1984 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2018
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I'm on a combo of Bupropion for ADHD, anxiety, and depression. The Bupropion was somewhat ineffective for ADHD, but helped with the anxiety and depression, so we added focalin/dexmethylphenidate. I am still taking 300mg Bupropion XL and added 10mg dexmethylphenidate er. I am very happy with the results. I feel more focused, have a much greater attention to detail, I am more aware of my surroundings (due to less daydreaming), just overall almost off my ADHD symptoms are significantly reduced. I experienced a very mild headache the first couple of days as well as extreme sleepiness in the afternoon, but a week later, those side effects have subsided. The first couple of days I also felt like I was at a loss of words, like I couldn't form coherent sentences and spoke sort of robotic, that also went away. My only issue is that it's going to be a pain to refill, since it's a controlled drug. It's also not in stock at most pharmacies, so I either have to ask around before my doctor fills it, or wait. Kind of a pain, but worth it in the end.

Alight | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/1/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

With this medication my ability to focus was improved significantly. I am able to manage a full time job 3 small children and still work on my degree plans. I truly felt a difference in my attention to details and productivity rate I recommend this for adult who has true difficulties focusing.

anwj1221 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
5/1/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My son has been taking Focalin XR for a little over a year now. I am satisfied for the most part; however, he has complete lack of appetite for the 7 hours the drug actually works (compensating in the evenings by eating 3 plates at dinner). In addition, his hyperactivity after the drug wears off is significantly increased. We had to start him on Melatonin at night to settle his mind to get him to sleep. We are looking into a longer lasting medication.

sc nana | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
2/19/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Only an occasional headache, weight loss in first few months...but leveled off now