On Aug 15,2012, I was unable to have chemo treatment due to low neutrophils in white blood cells. I was given the first shot of neupogen, followed by 2nd and 3rd on following 2 days. After the first shot, I had severe pain in lower back, as well as, pain in other joints. I felt terrible in general, with swelling in some joints and low grade fever. I took hydrocodon-acetaminophen 5-500 to relieve ...

I am the patient's neice. We only started the inj this past thursday, so the above questions really do not apply at this time.

janho | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/16/2017

I received this medication in preparation to donate blood stem cells for my sister who has AML. The injections caused some nasty headaches, mild nausea, and some leg pain. The pain wasn't touched by Tylenol so we had to switch over to oxycodone. Overall though, the pain was so worth it as I was able to successfully donate 6.97 stem cells in just two five-hour sessions.

Thembbi | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/23/2016
Condition: Decrease of Neutrophils in the Blood from Cancer Chemotherapy

Terrible Pains on my right lower rib, pains on my right hand shoulder, blood in the urine and headaches. had on three injection Friday Saturday and Sunday

ColbyB | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/22/2015

I have been taking Neupogen injections for my entire life due to my Neutropenia. The medicine is effective but it comes with it side effects. It has given me chronic back pain and joint pain which gets worse as I age. I would assume the benefits seem to out way the pain.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/13/2014
Condition: Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Therapy

I've been taking filgrastim which is Neupogen for 3 days now and I will be receiving 2 more shots tomorrow and Monday the day of my donation. Yes, I fortunately I'm not suffering from cancer and any disease. But I was found dead to be a match with someone that currently is fighting lukemia. And everyone deserves a chance at life and I was lucky enough to be chosen. Back to the medication side effects, I'm feeling like a throbbing pain from my neck to my tailbone. Definitely unpleasant but I'm really trying to tough it out and not take any pain medication. I'm sure my pain is nothing compared to someone suffice from this illness.

mandy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/11/2014

breast cancer,chemo and surgery completed. unable to use legs as before neupogen shots. no relief from pain meds such as tylenol, hydrocodone, ibuprofen. pain never ends no matter what i take.excercise noneffective