I was reading some of the other reviews, about vomiting after taking a pill. If you are highly lactose intolerant, 1 pill will be OK for A PIECE of cake with milk in it or the frosting. If you are only slightly intolerant, 1 pill will be OK for a meal of pizza OR a serving of icecream. It's not magic; it all depends on what your body produces on it's own and/or how allergic/intolerant you are. And...

What a nightmare. My doctor told me to try this because I became lactose intolerant after I got a parasite in Mexico. Within 2 minutes of swallowing this pill, I turned completely red, was so hot, I asked my husband for ice. Then I got the shakes. Then I was in excruciating pain and dry heaving over the toilet for the next three hours. I finally threw up. I was sick for the next 48 hours but not ...

Neveragain | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/19/2020
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

I took this product two different times a week apart. The first time was followed by diarrhea, cramps and gas for a day. The second time resulted in five hours of intense stomach ache, vomiting and intense diarrhea for 4 hours. The next day I was still experiencing diarrhea and slowly improved.

slm | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/16/2019
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

Both times I used this, I got EXTREMELY ill, so bad that I thought it was a bad case of food poisoning. Intermittent vomiting within half an hour, lasting a full day the first time and several hours the second, with excruciating stomach pain that radiated into my ribs and back, nausea, fever, sweating. Persistent upset stomach, nausea, and body aches for over a day following use. 100x worse than just dealing with the symptoms of lactose intolerance!! I'll never use a lactase product again and I caution anybody thinking about trying them to schedule a test run where you don't have any obligations for the next day or two.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/1/2019
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

PLEASE READ! This is a follow-up to my previous 1 star review. I have to say that I really don't know if this med is effective because today I learned that it is likely that I do NOT have lactose intolerance. My problem was coincidental to taking Lactaid Fast Act. I was diagnosed with gall bladder disease and my severe vomiting,cramps and diarrhea were due to a blockage in my bile duct. It was actually the fat in my meals and ice cream that lead to the symptoms and NOT the Lactaid Fast Act. Should I ever have a need for Lactaid I will certainly try it again. From the sounds of it many of the others with similar "reactions" should have explored this possibility. My apologies to the makers of Lactaid Fast Act.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2019
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

I like most reviewers here began using Lactaid Fast Act after feeling nauseous and gassy after drinking milk or eating ice cream. The first few times it really seemed to help. Around the 5th or 6th use the bloating and stomach upset seemed worse than without Lactaid so I thought maybe I should use 2 pills. Same result the first time taking 2 pills. The next time taking two pills I developed severe stomach cramps and vomiting two hours after using. I thought I had a virus or something. Three days later I again took 2 pills with ice cream and the reaction was even more severe, 6 straight hours of cramps, vomiting and diarrhea followed by another 24 hours of having itchy skin all over and feeling miserable with several more visits to the bathroom. I will NOT ever take this product again.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/6/2019
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

The first hand full of times that I took these the worked wonderfully. The last two times i took this my stomach cramped horribly. The bloating was so unbearable It felt like my stomach was going to burst. Before i could tolerate a little bit of dairy, now I can't even have a tiny bite. Please don't take these. As I am sitting here cramping and bloated in pain. I wish I believed the other reviews.

MyrnaLynne | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
11/12/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

My husband is lactose intolerant and takes Lactaid all the time. Milk has recently start bothering me so I switched to lactose free milk. I took one of his pills and a few hours later, I started vomiting and having diarrhea for hours, thought I was going to die. Had a similar experience last summer on a cruise, where I felt queasy, husband gave me one of his lactaid pills to 'help' and I spent the evening throwing up and having diarrhea! I thought it was food poisoning then, now I realize it was the Lactaid pill!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/10/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance when I was 23 and just avoided dairy. When I got pregnant at 28, it pretty much went away. Now I'm 44 and having some dairy issues. Cramping and bloating after eating cheese and yogurt specifically. So I bought some Lactaid and figured I would give it a try. Within 2-3 hours after taking it, I got dizzy and nauseous and broke out in a cold sweat. I had violent vomiting and diarrhea for hours.I had trouble getting warm (but no fever) and had a headache. My husband wanted me to go to the hospital for fear of dehydration. I was thinking possible food poisoning since a friend who works in food service said that will often hit you out of the blue and be violent. I also was thinking possible stomach bug. But now it's the next day and I'm feeling better, but still weak and have not other "bug" symptoms such as feeling achy or fever. I'm still a little nauseous, but have been able to finally keep down some ginger ale. So I'm thinking it is the Lactaid. I seem to remember having some nausea when I took it way back when I was 23 and I only took one pill on one or two occasions. Yesterday, I took two with my first bite of dairy. I will NEVER take this again. Read More Read Less

LinnyD | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/28/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

The first time I tried this product it worked fine. The next time I tried it, I felt a weird sensation in my stomach. Did pay much attention to thinking it was the pasta I had for dinner. The third time I took it, I felt really sick. I am afraid to take it again.

Reviewer123 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/25/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

Discovered my intolerance a few years ago, and then a friend told me about these pills. They worked the first few times and then just began to push my symptoms to a few hours out. The past two times I have been nauseated and bloated up to 24 hours after taking them. I'd take the side effects from eating dairy over the side effects from the pills, any day!

Patient1982 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/1/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

This caused uncontrollable violent vomiting, diarrhea , fever, chills, sweats the two times I took it. I prior to that, I hadn't vomited in 15 years.

JosephBen | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/3/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

I usually vomit and feel sick after eating dairy/milk. With Lactaid Fast Act, I can digest it a lot easier. I have experienced no issues so far, I've been able to eat a whole pint of ice cream without usual bad effects. However, if I take one that's broken or chipped in half I get bad stomach aches.

stupidLactaid | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2018
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

Total lie there's no side effects!! Just read real reviews it causes horrible severe stomach cramps, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and diarrhea. That's exactly what I've been going through for past 24hrs since taking this. Horrible product should be pulled from market asap! I only get a little gas with dairy but thought I'd try a Lactaid pill to solve that. BIG mistake! I woke up a couple hrs later very sick. I didn't eat anything else just a little tiny bit ice cream and a lactaid. I hadn't eaten anything else at least 6hrs before. So I know it was Lactaid. After Lactaid awful effects wore off (I was in bed sick 24hrs straight) I tried ice cream again NO Lactaid this time Read More Read Less

Janet 7g31g8 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/27/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

A few hours after taking this I began having severe diarrhea and vomiting. I had chills and stomach cramps that lasted all day and I still felt terrible the next day. I will never take this again!

Ducky52 | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/4/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

Never, EVER, take these. At least from my experience, these can be life threatening. I took some for a few weeks, and then after a while I started noticing some severe pain at night after one. I didn't realize that the pills were related to these incidents. And then, the horror story happens. I had taken one at dinner to have some ice cream, and I felt nothing for a few hours. Then, the pain started. I felt super tired, and started profusely vomiting. I vomited a full sink and just collasped. My mom carried me to my bed, and called for my dad. I thought that I was going to die. The pain was so sharp, and things were going black. I blacked out for a few moments, and came back. Vomited a bit more, and slept it off. My dad later found out other people had had a similar experience. So please, do yourself a favor and never take these, or use extreme caution.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/28/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

Tried a couple of times and took exactly as directed (with first bite of food). Instead of my usual symptoms of bloating, gas, stomach cramps and running to the loo every 20-30 mins, I found myself completely unable to leave the bathroom for a few hours because of violent vomiting and diarrhoea. Almost ended up in hospital with dehydration. Absolutely horrific - I threw the rest of them in the bin after the third attempt (I'd put it down to other things the first 2 times!)

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

I have to take 4 of these compared to other products for lactose intolerance.

FeelingSick | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/26/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

Within two hours of taking this medicine I started throwing up. This is the second time I've had this reaction after taking Lactaid. My normal bad reaction to dairy products does not include puking.

Energy | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/22/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

First time I took lactaid I was fine no adverse affects from the dairy nor lactaid. Second through fifth same reaction; violently sick about 1-2 hours after vomit and diarrhea for hours after. Cramping and feverish for 6-8 hours after. Lactaid did. It work well for me. Have read it may coincide with a penicillin allergy as well. Not sure.

Klmoore2 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/9/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

This caused sever stomach pains, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting that lasted for hours. I have never had that reaction to dairy products before so I know that wasn't the cause. It happened twice, so I know it was the fast act lactaid.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/7/2017
Condition: Inability of Body to Handle Lactose or Milk Sugar

As my lactose sensitivity started getting worse (more gassy),I tried Lactaid Fast Acting. The first few times it seemed to work - I wasn't gassy like I would have been. But the last 3 times I took it, I got violently ill. Vomiting and diarrhea for days along with awful gas, gurgling stomach, and headache. (I almost never vomit.) I thought I had a stomach bug that was on and off for two weeks. Then, once I was finally better, I figured out it wasn't a bug. I assumed my lactose sensitivity turned into full lactose intolerance. Today was my first time feeling normal in quite a while so I ate fajitas with my family for dinner. I used a little sour cream and cheese that I previously wouldn't have thought twice about. I had to have straight milk to really get gassy. But just to be safe, I took a lactaid pill with my first bite. 30 minutes later, explosive diarrhea ensued...repeatedly. Im now confident my sensitivity didn't turn into a total intolerance overnight. I've had other small amounts of dairy with no effects. It has to be the Lactaid. Now I'm afraid to try the Lactaid milk again, which always was kind to me in the past. Read More Read Less