I have been treated 3 times over 5 years for a MRSA infection that keeps popping up. Each time IV Vanco has been used... 3 days in hospital and 2 weeks at home . Administered over 2 hours (slowly) and no itching, redness or anything. This drug has been a miricle for me and without a doubt saved my hand and foot....possibly even my life. It is the "Big Guns", but all the oral ones failed me and...

Sever allergy reaction Swelling of whole body till the skin split Numbness in fingers and toes Burning pain &blister on hands and fingers still on going for after 1 mo. Red rash at injection site Sever direhrra for more than 2weeks

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/28/2021
Condition: Prevention of Perioperative Infection

After having knee joint replacement, a torn muscle required a second surgery on my knee within 5 weeks. There were concerns of an infection in my knee after taking tests. Less than two weeks into treatment, no infection indicators in my blood work. All blood work was perfect. I drank a lot of fluids, especially milk and water and had no kidney issues show up in my blood work. About a month into the treatment, for a week, I did have dizziness and headaches. Lasted only for a week and drank fluids first thing in the morning when the side affects showed up. Home Healthcare got me setup so it was easy to use, twice a day. Treatment was for six weeks. The nurses from Home Healthcare took care of the site and replacing bandages. At first I thought this would suck, but did not take long to realize the antibiotic was working and was not a big deal. Better than having an infection in my new knee replacement.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/22/2021
Condition: Infection Occurring During or Soon After an Operation

I felt so much better after receiving this antibiotic in the hospital for a large hematoma post evacuation infection. After 2 doses January 1 and 2, I felt better than i have in a long time. But since then, I cannot get a doctor to prescribe it for me and the issue is still going on and it is now the end of February.

Atyoder | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/27/2020
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus

I was started on this drug via IV after being diagnosed with pneumonia. Immediately after starting it, I had severe itching of the scalp. I then began having anxiety type behavior (bouncing legs heavy breathing). I have time gaps associated with this time. After the first two IV treatments, the anxiety went away but then came audio toxicity. Each time was given the medication I would experience auditory hallucinations, a buzzing, and a muffling of sound around me. I am not a fan of this medication and it seems it needs to be further vetted.

golfshop | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/16/2019
Condition: Skin Infection due to Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteria

Had cellulitis diagnosed on the left side of face, took clyndimycin orally without much effect. Was admitted to the hospital and had vancomycin iv's 2 a day for 3 days, showed quick improvement within a day, had a picc put in on last day and did 10 days of iv therapy at twice a day intervals. Had a bout with diahrea one week after therapy was done for 5 days and came out of it after eating probiotic type foods.

Luckystars | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/28/2018
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I was very sick upon arrival to the ER with possible sepsis. I have 3 doses 8 hours apart and felt much better the next day. Of course, I required more antibiotics upon my release but I am so thankful for this drug. No side effects. This is not to be used at older ages however. That is when the difficulty arises.