People keep relating this to their ambien or trazodone. This medication is entirely different and the comparison is completely off. I started taking the medication two weeks ago, despite the negative feedback. There were people saying that it couldn't compare to ambien / trazodone. While I understand that it's easy to compare a sleeping medication to another, rozerem is not a controlled substa...

I have had CHRONIC insomnia for many years. It became a HUGE problem during the slow onslaught on my body, by my body through a list of auto-immune diseases; Colitis, Arthritis andCrohns, etc. You get the point. I've tried everything that functions the same as everything else out numorous times, during numouos emotion states. These conditions have developed intense pain throughout my body, along w...

Keith | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/23/2021

Howdy there, I have just turned 20 years of age and I started having problems sleeping since high school around freshman year(15 years of age) due to my body clock being horribly out of balance. I would wake up 5am and run cross country/track the go to basketball practice and then on to school and from school to work no breaks in between. Get off at 11pm and go home do homework and in bed at 2am. Repeat. I did that through freshman year through senior year. I could handle it then but when I got to college the workload would eat my sleeping time so I would go maybe 2 days of no sleep. Needless to say I had no circadian rhythm at all. I tried a series if medications Trazadone 50mg 2 tabs at bedtime - made me see dead people. I thought I was going crazy, and I felt stoned often during the day. Sampled Ambien 5mg 1 at bedtime and I missed school and work that was a no go. Lunesta 1 mg, I almost wrecked my car driving to school and I stayed sleep in classes till maybe lunchtime. Also my athletic performance dropped significantly while trying to find a decent med because I was so exhausted. Temazepam 10mg, it was good but I would binge eat and sleep walk at night and I gained alot of weight. Then Rozerem (ramelteon) at first I didn't notice a change and the pharmacist dispensing the medication informed me that this medication takes time to work it's not something that works in 30 minutes. It can take 2 weeks to 1 month before you see a change and I took about 3 weeks before I noticed myself getting sleepy right when the sun goes down and thats when I knew this was that medication to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. I take it every night and sleep like a baby all night long till my alarm goes off, I do need a cup of coffee to wake up. But I do not feel groggy about 1 hour after waking up. I am relieved I found this medication to help just note it takes time to work. Patients is key with this medication.Read More Read Less

Gary | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/25/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This drug does not help me sleep at all. If anything, it keeps me awake. I'm writing this at 6:25 am. I still have not slept at all since yesterday. In addition, Medicare won't approve payment for it. A 90 day supply is at least $270, depending on where you purchase it. I'm extremely dissatisfied with it.

LV | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/24/2021
Condition: Difficulty Falling Asleep

I take this nightly, 4mg and I love it. It did take 2-3 weeks of consistent use for it to reach its full potential. Now, I take it and am asleep within minutes.

cswitty | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

First of all, I read all the reviews here before deciding to give my own feedback. There are many factors that come into play when it involves taking a new medication as well as your own health issues. 1) If you are coming off another medication as you are taking Rozerem, the sleep issues you may be having could be because you are going through some withdrawals.2) Depending on what you were taking before(as to compare), this drug is not sedating. You will have to go to sleep on your own and Rozeram helps you to achieve this. If you are use to being sedated in order to fall asleep, mentally you won't allow yourself to fall asleep naturally. 3) This medication works better when it is built up in your system after several weeks. Taking it a few days, usually will not give you the full effect. 4) Rozerem effects different receptors than an antidepressant. Most antidepressants work with serotonin. 5) Any medication may or may not work for you. We all have different issues or health problems. Just because this medication didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else and it could be life changing. So, making comments as to "Do not Use" or " Don't waste your money", are irreverent. My experience has been good so far with Rozerem. I was taking Trazodone for 5 years. At the point , I started taking Rozerem, I was only on 12.5 of Traz. I had trouble sleeping the first couple of nights as I knew my body was trying to get used to no having the Trazodone and trying to adjust to Rozerem. After that, I started sleeping better and it keep getting better as the weeks go on. I feel like myself, not drugged like I did on Trazodone. I will update again as time goes on. I am hoping to take this short term and sleep on my own again. If you are low in serotonin or dopamine , this won't be your answer for a sleep aid. Read More Read Less

Petal | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I was able to fall asleep with this drug, 8mg, but it gave me nightmares and the following day I was so groggy and dizzy I could barely function. I will not take it again.

Numan | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/15/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have had chronic insomnia for over six years and it gotten progressively worse to where I thought I might have to quit my job. I had tried trazodone but I didn't like the side effect and other otc drugs either didn't work or left me feeling groggy. After doing some research I decided to try 15 mg of mirtazapine and I immediately slept like baby. And I have had no problem staying asleep. I've worked night shift for 35 years so I cut the dosage in half and that leaves me feeling more refreshed for work. The only problem is now my appetite has gone into overdrive and I've gained alot of weight in just over three weeks. Fortunately I'm a slim guy so its not as much of an issue for me. It's been a life saver for me.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/27/2019
Condition: Difficulty Falling Asleep

Rozerem has been absolutely wonderful for me! I was having trouble sleeping and nothing in the world seemed to help. My doctor warned me that Rozerem takes 2-3 weeks to see results. At the end of week 2 I started sleeping like I did when I was a teenager. I have had no side effects or nasty hangover effect the next day. Rozerem does not make me fall asleep by any means but it seems to have put my sleep cycle back in balance.

kickingosprey | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/26/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have been taking Rozerem for 4 nights now. It does not help me fall asleep, it actually takes me longer to fall asleep, nor can I stay asleep. I also have been having to get up a couple of times every night to go to the bathroom. I never had a problem before with that before. I won't be taking this any longer.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/13/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This sleep medicine did not work well for me. I still woke up every 2 to 3 hours. I also had very bizarre and disturbing dreams. I won't continue using Rozerem.

Smouse84 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/3/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I saw some scary reviews of this drug and was reluctant to try it. It was prescribed by my neurologist. I am an epileptic and when I donâ??t sleep, I have seizures. Regular melatonin stopped working. I went up to 20mg and no sleep! I tried this drug Christmas Day and slept like a rock! I think it is a good medicine and I highly recommend trying.

Unicorn001 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/3/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Taken fr five days, all it seems to do is make me get up and urinate more than ever. Does not get me to sleep at all. Stopping it now and going to get MD to try something else as this was a "bust"!

gabriel | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/12/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I am a strongly wired individual and its hard for me to get to sleep. My doctor prescribes 8MG Rozerem an it helps me get sleepy and sleep through the night. I often go to bed late and taking a full Roserem is too strong so I take just half a pill. If I am really struggling I will also take a couple Benadryl capsules and that pushes me over the edge. I also find this combination calms me down and I can relax some before getting drowsy to go to sleep. The reason I don't just take a full Rozerem is that it literally is too strong and I will be yawning in the shower and slow to get going in the morning.Read More Read Less

Jerry | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/1/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Worthless! No effect whatsoever.

Steve | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/26/2016
Condition: Difficulty Falling Asleep

Doesn't work for me, I was on Ambian 5 mg. and it worked just fine. My insurance would not pay due to my age. I guess the insurance company is smarter than my doctor.

MikeO | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/9/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Doesn't work for me. If Melatonin and benadryl help you sleep, then most likely this drug will to. If on the other hand, those drugs do not work, then this one isn't going to either. I fall into the latter. Ambien by far has been the most effective for me for my chronic sleep issues. I don't wake up groggy or have the weird behavior some have stated taking Ambien. Everyone's system/situation is different so you have to just find which one works for you. There is no "one pill fits all".

Sleepless in LA | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/17/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I developed a chronic disruption of my circadian as a result of a brain surgery to remove a pituitary tumor. My brain cannot tell night from day, so it doesn't know when to sleep or be awake. It's a neurological/ endocrine complication. I was prescribed some seven different sleep medications from Ambien to Trazadone. NOTHING WORKED. Rozerem works because it binds with melatonin receptors in the brain, thus substituting for the melatonin that is not being released at the right time. The only issue I have is that I need to take TWO during the night because it only lasts for about 3.5 hours. To take two, I have to have prior authorization for the insurance company to cover it, and it is EXPENSIVE! So that is a pain to have to reauthorize every year. Unless you have this specific type of circadian rhythm disorder, don't waste your time. Try something else.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/23/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I followed all instructions and yet had no elief

Mr fabulous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/6/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This medication didn't work for me, and I was given the standard 8mg While in the hospital in addition to this medication I was also given 10mg Valium and 15mg oxycodone for pain. Along with Benadryl and still nothing...no sleep. When I asked what this drug does to actually make someone sleep. I was told it's just like melatonin just stronger. Maybe for someone who doesn't have a really bad disorder it could work but if you have real sleep issue I personally don't think it will help you.

jennyh | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/3/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I now know why this had such poor reviews.I started a week ago and have not slept on this pill.I feel awful from not sleeping.Every other night I will sleep two hours late morning just out of pure exhaustion

Jackie2222 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/3/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Don't waste your time and money.I have been on this med for 4 nights and am unable to sleep.After 4 hours I just get up and watch tv because I cannot lie in bed awake all night.I feel dizzy and nauseous.I've been exhausted every day,all day thinking this is the night the pill will work and I will sleep.Back to Ambien to at least get 3 hours of sleep until the doctor comes up with a new plan.