People keep relating this to their ambien or trazodone. This medication is entirely different and the comparison is completely off. I started taking the medication two weeks ago, despite the negative feedback. There were people saying that it couldn't compare to ambien / trazodone. While I understand that it's easy to compare a sleeping medication to another, rozerem is not a controlled substa...

I have had CHRONIC insomnia for many years. It became a HUGE problem during the slow onslaught on my body, by my body through a list of auto-immune diseases; Colitis, Arthritis andCrohns, etc. You get the point. I've tried everything that functions the same as everything else out numorous times, during numouos emotion states. These conditions have developed intense pain throughout my body, along w...

cswitty | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

First of all, I read all the reviews here before deciding to give my own feedback. There are many factors that come into play when it involves taking a new medication as well as your own health issues. 1) If you are coming off another medication as you are taking Rozerem, the sleep issues you may be having could be because you are going through some withdrawals.2) Depending on what you were taking before(as to compare), this drug is not sedating. You will have to go to sleep on your own and Rozeram helps you to achieve this. If you are use to being sedated in order to fall asleep, mentally you won't allow yourself to fall asleep naturally. 3) This medication works better when it is built up in your system after several weeks. Taking it a few days, usually will not give you the full effect. 4) Rozerem effects different receptors than an antidepressant. Most antidepressants work with serotonin. 5) Any medication may or may not work for you. We all have different issues or health problems. Just because this medication didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else and it could be life changing. So, making comments as to "Do not Use" or " Don't waste your money", are irreverent. My experience has been good so far with Rozerem. I was taking Trazodone for 5 years. At the point , I started taking Rozerem, I was only on 12.5 of Traz. I had trouble sleeping the first couple of nights as I knew my body was trying to get used to no having the Trazodone and trying to adjust to Rozerem. After that, I started sleeping better and it keep getting better as the weeks go on. I feel like myself, not drugged like I did on Trazodone. I will update again as time goes on. I am hoping to take this short term and sleep on my own again. If you are low in serotonin or dopamine , this won't be your answer for a sleep aid.

Petal | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I was able to fall asleep with this drug, 8mg, but it gave me nightmares and the following day I was so groggy and dizzy I could barely function. I will not take it again.

Numan | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/15/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have had chronic insomnia for over six years and it gotten progressively worse to where I thought I might have to quit my job. I had tried trazodone but I didn't like the side effect and other otc drugs either didn't work or left me feeling groggy. After doing some research I decided to try 15 mg of mirtazapine and I immediately slept like baby. And I have had no problem staying asleep. I've worked night shift for 35 years so I cut the dosage in half and that leaves me feeling more refreshed for work. The only problem is now my appetite has gone into overdrive and I've gained alot of weight in just over three weeks. Fortunately I'm a slim guy so its not as much of an issue for me. It's been a life saver for me.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/27/2019
Condition: Difficulty Falling Asleep

Rozerem has been absolutely wonderful for me! I was having trouble sleeping and nothing in the world seemed to help. My doctor warned me that Rozerem takes 2-3 weeks to see results. At the end of week 2 I started sleeping like I did when I was a teenager. I have had no side effects or nasty hangover effect the next day. Rozerem does not make me fall asleep by any means but it seems to have put my sleep cycle back in balance.

kickingosprey | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/26/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have been taking Rozerem for 4 nights now. It does not help me fall asleep, it actually takes me longer to fall asleep, nor can I stay asleep. I also have been having to get up a couple of times every night to go to the bathroom. I never had a problem before with that before. I won't be taking this any longer.