I received an injection of rocephin on 7/22/10.Within 1 hour i was in severe pain in my thighs and arms. It was so bad i ended up in the emergency room. On sat.7/24/10 i was admitted to the hospital. They gave me iv vancomicyn which made things worse. It has now been 10 weeks and i am still in pain and have severe numbness in my right leg from my knee to my ankle, numbness in both arms and numbnes...

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/18/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

My child has a history of not responding to antibiotics. Rocephin has worked for e coli and respiratory infection. Results are noticed 24-48hrs. No side effects for him

DonOldGuy | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/14/2018
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Have no idea what the proper medical term is for the infection I got after being bitten my a cat. First visit to urgent care resulted in getting a Rocephin injection. 20 years of frequent inoculations as a military aircrew member. Never had such horrible pain from any previous injection. Plague inoculations would have been my only complaint of pain until this one. 100x worse. Don't know the effectiveness since the next day I was in the Emergency room with a sustained IV of antibiotics (cellulitis) and follow up with Augmentin. Difficult to assess which treatment had me feeling much better a day after leaving ER. Will never ignore an animal bite again. Will never let anyone near me with a syringe of Rocephin that doesn't have some Lidocain.

Skylie | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/19/2018
Condition: Skin Infection

Good. I had a really bad outer ear infection turned to cellulitis. The infection was spreading fast to the rest of my cheek and neck within 24 hours of starting. Doctor gave me a shot of Rocephin while in the office to stop the spreading. And also prescribed a 10 day oral antibiotic. The nurse who administered the shot had me stay in the office for about 15 minutes to make sure I didnâ??t have a reaction to it. About 24 hours after the shot and 2 doses of the oral antibiotics the infection has stopped spreading and my fever has gone down from 102.8 to 99.8.

myself | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/17/2017
Condition: Infection Within the Abdomen

Entered ER with acute sigmoid diverticulitis and in severe pain. Never knew I had it. Was given IV of this and another drug and within a few hours I could feel the receding of the infection.

frogman | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/22/2015
Condition: Escherichia Coli Bacteria in the Blood

I acquired sepsis from E. Coli following a prostate biopsy. Fourteen IV doses of rocephin brought me back to good health.