Call 911 if the person has the following symptoms:
1. Call 911
2. Lower Body Temperature While Waiting for Emergency Services to Arrive.
- Get the person into air conditioning if possible or out of the sun and into the shade.
- Spray the person with cool water, or apply cold wet cloths or ice packs to the armpits, neck, and groin. Fan air across the person to increase cooling. These methods help cool the person more quickly.
- Do not give the person anything to drink if the person is not alert or is vomiting.
3. Treat Symptoms
- If the person experiences seizures, keep them safe from injury.
- If the person vomits, turn the person on their side to keep the airway open.
4. Follow Up
- At the hospital, health care providers will rehydrate the person and replace electrolytes through an IV.