IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Wavebreakmedia Ltd. / Thinkstock
2) Stockbrokerextra Images
3) Ronnie Kaufman, Larry Hirshowitz/Blend Images
4) George Doyle/Stockbyte
5) Biophoto Associates/Photo Researchers Inc
6) Interactive Medical Media LLC
7) Paul Viant/Photographer's Choice
8) Jack Hollingsworth/Photodisc
9) Joel Sartone/National Geographic
10) Ale Ventura/PhotoAlto
Abraham, C. New England Journal of Medicine, Nov. 19, 2009.
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.
Iglesias, M. Revista Espanola de Enfermedades Digestivas, April 2009.
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
University of Maryland Medical Center.
Reviewed by Neha Pathak, MD on November 30, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.