IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Philippe Garo/Photo Researchers Inc.
2) BSIP/Photo Researchers Inc.
3) Dr. P Marazzi/Photo Researchers Inc.
4) John Bavosi/Photo Researchers Inc.
6) Fabrice LeRouge
7) Ghislain&Marie David de Lossy/The Image Bank
8) Arno Massee/Photo Researchers Inc.
9) Larry Williams/Blend Images
10) Jonnie Miles/Stone, Image Source
11) Jim Varney/Photo Researchers Inc.
12) Stock 4B
13) ColorBlind Images/Blend Images
14) Dave&Les Jacobs/Cultura
15) Voisin, Phanie/Photo Researchers Inc.
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, MedPage Today: "Biologics and Combinations Top Arthritis Recommendations."
American College of Rheumatology 2008 Recommendations for the Use of Nonbiologic and Biologic Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Arthritis Today Drug Guide: "Biologics."
Arthritis Today: "When Should I See My Doctor?"
American Academy of Rheumatology: "Biologic Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis."
AARP Bulletin: "The High Cost of Biologics."
Arthritis Foundation: "Biologics: Learn About These Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Other Diseases."
National Institutes of Health, Medline Plus: "Rheumatoid Arthritis."
Reviewed by Brunilda Nazario, MD on November 11, 2019
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.