April 23, 2021 -- Check your medicine cabinet: Some Vitafusion gummy products are being recalled because they may be contaminated with metallic mesh.
Household products maker Church & Dwight is warning anyone who bought certain lots of the following vitamins not to eat them:
- Vitafusion Kids Melatonin (50 count)
- Vitafusion Fiber Well (220 count)
- Vitafusion SleepWell (250 count)
- Vitafusion MultiVites (150 count)
- Vitafusion Melatonin (44 count)
- Vitafusion Melatonin (140 count)
- Vitafusion Fiber Well (90 count)
The voluntary recall only includes gummy vitamins with these specific universal product codes (UPCs) and lot codes. No other products are affected.
Church & Dwight says the gummies could have been sold in stores or online from Nov. 13, 2020, through April 9, 2021.
There are no confirmed reports of anyone getting hurt or sickened by the vitamins but, in severe cases, eating a metallic material could lead to damage of the digestive tract, according to a statement from the company.
Anyone who bought the vitamins can reach out to the Church & Dwight Consumer Affairs team at 800-981-4710 for a full refund, before throwing the product away.