My psychiatrist went to a conference at the National Institue for Mental Health where tests had showed that NAC 600 is effective in treating bipolar disroder. I have been on it for 1.5 years and my mood seems pretty stable. In addition I take Lamictal. I had been on lithium for 18 years and my lab tests showed that I had a 50% loss of my kidneys so i needed to discontue a drug that had worked fo...

I'm a 58 year old male who takes bupropion (Wellbutrin generic), lamotrigine (Lamictal) and quetiapine (Seroquel) for major depressive disorder with possibly some form of bipolar or cyclothymic mood swings. After reading numerous reports on the alleged benefits of n-acetylcysteine for bipolar depression, I began taking 2400 mg Vitacost NAC per day in two doses. I have been taking it for more than ...

MtnGirl | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
5/15/2020
Condition:

Have had chronic cough and painful bronchial symptoms for 5 months after a diagnosis of walking pneumonia. I started NAC about 10 days ago and already have seen vast improvement. I take 500 mg twice a day.

Age: 25-34 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
4/23/2020
Condition: OCD

NAC has dramatically reduced the frequency and depth/severity of my distressing OCD obsessive rumination/memories/thoughts. It has truely improved my quality of life with no side-effects and it's quite cheap. I am truely blessed to have been put on it by my psychiatrist. JUST AMAZING!

Marcyr | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
2/8/2020
Condition: Asthma

I was diagnosed with Asthma in 2007 at 38. I took inhalers and leukotriene inhibitors. But in 2011, I developed insulin resistance. My endo told me to find an alternative to the budesonide-long acting inhaler combo. I noticed azithromycin for sinus infections made me feel better. I came across Dr. Hahns research on infectious asthma. I follow his protocol under my (GP) doctor's supervision. NAC was the key co-adjuvant treatment for the first month and helped clear all the phlegm caused by the herxheimer reaction due to the infection. I take it now on occasion. I no longer have asthma attacks. I only take leukotriene inhibitors for maintenance and the occasional emergency inhaler to avoid exercise induced asthma. I got it doing zumba back then, so my chest may tighten when doing aerobic exercises. I don't want to risk an asthma attach since it is practically in remission and my lung function is well above average for my age. This supplement was key when weaning out the inhaler. I actually did this in the first weeks of the treatment and not at the end. It was so obvious that my asthma was an infection. Sadly, clinical protocols changed and omitted this option with the advent of cortisone in the 60's. I used the NAC made in Ithaca's co-op in NY state.

Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
12/10/2019
Condition: General Health And Wellness

It turned out to be Hell on Earth, no warning not to use with Acetaminiophen(Tylenol). I suffered for 4 weeks with vomiting and diarrhea (DAO insufficiency) Doctors completely missed the boat

Noni | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
8/27/2019
Condition:

I used to get the flu, pneumonia and repeated chronic and acute bronchitis combined with severe exacerbation of my asthma. This treatment has changed my life completely. I might get a cold for a couple of days. If I do get the flu a weeks rest does the job. No more pneumonia or bronchitis - not in 4 years. I take NAC 1000mg every morning after my respiratory specialist prescribed it. He said it would be an overall immune system booster. Initially it was very hard to source as any health shop wanted me to have a consultation with their naturopath. Finally found it online through iHerb.com. Cheaper as well. I donâ??t care about research as we all know the influence the pharmaceutical companies have over what get released and what we donâ??t. I can only go from my personal experience. Iâ??m 64 this year and it wasnâ??t that many years ago I didnâ??t think Iâ??d make it this far. Supporting evidence or not - the single product has saved my life.