My husband has been suffering with depression, mood swings, social anxiety, ADHD, irritability, weight gain, etc. for the past 8 years. At first we thought it was hypothyroidism, but his levels didn't register high enough on his blood chem test to alarm the doctor enough to give him an Rx (even though he has the tell-tale sign of thinned eyebrows). Recently, we came across an article about the sym...

Want to start with Tanamins.

NorthcoastFlip | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
7/30/2021
Condition: Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

I took 500mg once a day for 180 days. After about 45 days I started having gastrointestinal pain and diarrhea (including blood). I didn’t make the connection the this supplement. Went to GI doc and had a series of stool and blood tests. Had a colonoscopy (negative) and an abdominal CT scan (negative). Near the end of all my testing I had finished my bottle of l-tyrosine. All my symptoms eventually declined to zero and I haven’t had a GI problem since. It was a horrible experience.

Noemi | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/9/2021
Condition: Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

This supplement changed my life!!! I am not big on medications prescribed by Dr's. In fact, I refuse to go on medication. However, I made the decision that if this did not work I would consider medication. Three days into taking it, I felt the difference. I felt lighthearted and every day has been a good day since taking it. I literally have been taking a "Chill Pill" because I do not sweat the small stuff and really nothing disturbs my inner peace. I have never felt any side effects and I am on my third bottle. I give credit to Tik Tok. YAY!!!Read More Read Less

On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/2/2020
Condition: Depression

This amino acid literally changed my life. I suffered from depression, fatigue and many more issues. Nothing helped so i went for research myself. I searched into the nootropic world and tried to find the stack thats helping me with endurance, stress, depression, overall energy levels. Now i’m taking 5000mgs of L-tyrosine, 200mg 5-HTP, 400mg L-Theanine and 500 mg Choline/Inositol. This is the best stack for me personally and i feel incredible again!

Dirker | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
9/11/2019
Condition: Depression

AFAIK, there are something like five groups of neurotransmitters that affect depression (serotonin group, dopamine group, opioid group, GABA group, norepinephrine group), but most antidepressants only target serotonin. Antidepressants and supplements targeting serotonin have never worked for me, causing only feelings of rage plus other bad side effects, but no decrease in depression. Tyrosine helps the brain increase dopamine, which means more pleasure. My depression was more anhedonia (lack of joy, about anything) than absolute pit of despair. Tyrosine really helps make life more pleasurable - food tastes better, comedy is funnier, everything is just more enjoyable, so life feels more worth living, which is what I needed. 500 - 1000 mg daily. Sometimes I substitute Phenylalanine, which is a precursor to Tyrosine that also affects other neurotransmitters, but it acts a bit like a stimulant and can affect my sleep.Read More Read Less

disappointed | Age: 13-18 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
4/16/2019
Condition:

I was taking L-Tyrosine for about 3-4 months a few times a week. I took 200mg to start, and went up to 1000mg towards the end of my use. I wanted it to help mitigate my ADHD symptoms and work in conjunction with my prescribed stimulants (methylphenidate based). I found that L-Tyrosine made me incredibly tired/sleepy (and my stimulants didn't help that), and it gave me some stomach upset heart burn. I didn't experience any benefits to taking it, and the higher the dose was, the worse the side effects were. I stopped taking it. I believe eating foods higher in phenylalanine (the amino acid that tyrosine is made from) like seeds, nuts, whole grains, soy products, avocados, bananas, etc are safer, and just as beneficial (if not more so) than a supplement. Read More Read Less

None | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
12/11/2018
Condition: Depression

I find that 500mg on an empty stomach every few days is sufficient to keep my depression at bay. However, I do seem to develop a headache much later in the day on days that I take tyrosine.

Age: 55-64 |
9/18/2018
rst82 | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
7/29/2018
infohoarder | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
1/3/2018

This worked well for about 3 weeks, and then it made me super depressed. It made me not want t olive and it's scary because this is over the counter. I would use with caution. It may work well for others, but not for me.

4/24/2017
Sweet | Age: 13-18 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
2/16/2017
Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
2/2/2017
Condition: Narcolepsy

L-Tyrosine has helped increase altertness, reduce sleepiness and clear up brain fog.

Deaisme | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for less than 1 month |
8/26/2016
Condition: Depression

I was having bad reverse reactions to every depression medical given to me. I happened across L-Tryosine in a health food store and since using it my ability to concentrate has shot up and I have around the clock energy. I am more positive and my ability to control my emotions has also improved.

Lovin'spoonfuls opjtdy | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/11/2016
Condition: Depression

For the people who have benefited from taking tyrosine supplements but experience low libido, take cocoa powderand maca daily. You'll be feeling great in that department!

5/2/2016
Condition: Depression

Great, except decreased libido.

acrididae | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
4/5/2016
Condition: Depression

This was a real surprise. I began taking L-Tyrosine to try to restore my sense of smell. What I found, however, is that my mood significantly improved--without side effects. I take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.

Joy | Age: 65-74 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
2/4/2016
Condition: Depression

I started out taking 500mg L Tyrosine and 500mg L Tryptophan but still had slight symptoms. Because I had read an article that said you need to find a balance,( take just the amount you need )Since my brand only comes in 500mg capsules, nothing smaller, I cut back by taking 500mg every other day. It worked wonderfully with no symptoms. I decided to skip two days because I wanted to take just what I needed and I still felt great. I'm thinking of skipping three days soon. If it don't work I will go back to skipping two days. I'm so grateful that I don't suffer anymore. I think it's best to take only as much as you need. Hope this helps the people who so desperately need help.Read More Read Less

GrannyCat | Age: 55-64 | On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
11/18/2015

I take 2 thyroid RX but still didn't feel well (suffer with fatigue and insomnia). I read about L-Tyrosine in some of my research and tried it. When I take the supplement as directed I no longer have the fatigue and the insomnia is greatly improved.

On supplement for 1 to less than 2 years |
11/18/2015
Condition: Depression

have suffered depression and panic attacks all my life. was finally diagnosed with bipolar, depression & PTSD. was on Epilim for 10 years and various other drugs prescribed by psycologists until went looking for an alternative to being zoned out all the time. was referred to Dr Sandra Cabot who started me on L Tyrosine by Cabot Health, in the morning and SAD at night. She suggested hypnotism for the panic attacks. its been over a year and amazed and very happy with the posative results

LOLLYGAGGER | Age: 35-44 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
10/26/2015

Tyrosine is super helpful for supporting the thyroid...if you are hypothyroid. Also gives me increased focus, clearer thinking, energy and positive mood. I take 500 mg 2x a day. I highly recommend to always take a higher quality form of Tyrosine or any supplement...a purer form will be far more effective because there are no fillers or additives.