My husband has been suffering with depression, mood swings, social anxiety, ADHD, irritability, weight gain, etc. for the past 8 years. At first we thought it was hypothyroidism, but his levels didn't register high enough on his blood chem test to alarm the doctor enough to give him an Rx (even though he has the tell-tale sign of thinned eyebrows). Recently, we came across an article about the sym...

Want to start with Tanamins.

Noemi | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
6/9/2021
Condition: Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

This supplement changed my life!!! I am not big on medications prescribed by Dr's. In fact, I refuse to go on medication. However, I made the decision that if this did not work I would consider medication. Three days into taking it, I felt the difference. I felt lighthearted and every day has been a good day since taking it. I literally have been taking a "Chill Pill" because I do not sweat the small stuff and really nothing disturbs my inner peace. I have never felt any side effects and I am on my third bottle. I give credit to Tik Tok. YAY!!!

On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
8/2/2020
Condition: Depression

This amino acid literally changed my life. I suffered from depression, fatigue and many more issues. Nothing helped so i went for research myself. I searched into the nootropic world and tried to find the stack thats helping me with endurance, stress, depression, overall energy levels. Now i’m taking 5000mgs of L-tyrosine, 200mg 5-HTP, 400mg L-Theanine and 500 mg Choline/Inositol. This is the best stack for me personally and i feel incredible again!

Dirker | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 6 months to less than 1 year |
9/11/2019
Condition: Depression

AFAIK, there are something like five groups of neurotransmitters that affect depression (serotonin group, dopamine group, opioid group, GABA group, norepinephrine group), but most antidepressants only target serotonin. Antidepressants and supplements targeting serotonin have never worked for me, causing only feelings of rage plus other bad side effects, but no decrease in depression. Tyrosine helps the brain increase dopamine, which means more pleasure. My depression was more anhedonia (lack of joy, about anything) than absolute pit of despair. Tyrosine really helps make life more pleasurable - food tastes better, comedy is funnier, everything is just more enjoyable, so life feels more worth living, which is what I needed. 500 - 1000 mg daily. Sometimes I substitute Phenylalanine, which is a precursor to Tyrosine that also affects other neurotransmitters, but it acts a bit like a stimulant and can affect my sleep.

disappointed | Age: 13-18 | On supplement for 1 to 6 months |
4/16/2019
Condition:

I was taking L-Tyrosine for about 3-4 months a few times a week. I took 200mg to start, and went up to 1000mg towards the end of my use. I wanted it to help mitigate my ADHD symptoms and work in conjunction with my prescribed stimulants (methylphenidate based). I found that L-Tyrosine made me incredibly tired/sleepy (and my stimulants didn't help that), and it gave me some stomach upset heart burn. I didn't experience any benefits to taking it, and the higher the dose was, the worse the side effects were. I stopped taking it. I believe eating foods higher in phenylalanine (the amino acid that tyrosine is made from) like seeds, nuts, whole grains, soy products, avocados, bananas, etc are safer, and just as beneficial (if not more so) than a supplement.

None | Age: 45-54 | On supplement for 2 to less than 5 years |
12/11/2018
Condition: Depression

I find that 500mg on an empty stomach every few days is sufficient to keep my depression at bay. However, I do seem to develop a headache much later in the day on days that I take tyrosine.