If you have a , you may have:
- Pain or burning when you pee
- in your lower belly, over the (above your pubic bone)
- An urge to pee right away and often
- Only being able to pee out small amounts of urine at a time
- Low back pain
Your urine may be:
- Bad smelling
Men can get UTIs, too. They may have:
- Pain behind the scrotum
- Painful ejaculation or, rarely, bloody semen
If you have symptoms such as a fever, chills, or , it might be a more serious infection, such as a , so call your doctor right away.
A UTI during pregnancy is concerning. If you have symptoms, see your doctor ASAP. During your prenatal checkups, you’ll regularly get a urine test to check for a UTI.
Call Your Doctor If:
- You have any pain, burning, or other problems when you pee.
- You notice .
- You start to pee often and in small amounts.
- You have to urinate very urgently.
- You have or pain in the area over your bladder.
- You notice that your urine appears cloudy or dark, or that it smells bad.
- You get a fever or chills.