Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long
have you had your symptoms?
- When did you first notice your
symptoms? What were you doing when the symptoms started?
- Have you
had a problem like this before? When? How was it treated? Did the problem go
away completely, or do you have ongoing problems?
- Does anyone else
in your family have a problem like this?
- What activities, related
to sports, work, or your lifestyle, make your symptoms better or
- Do you think that activities related to your job or hobbies
caused your symptoms?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you
tried? Did they help?
- Do you use alcohol or illegal drugs to make
your arm feel better?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 01, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Arm Problems,Noninjury Topics