Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- Your arm or hand is cool or pale or changes color.
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You cannot use your arm.
- You have signs of infection, such as:
- Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness.
- Red streaks running up or down your arm.
- Pus draining from an area of your arm.
- A fever.
- You have tingling, weakness, or numbness in your arm.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You do not get better as expected.