Understanding Hay Fever -- Symptoms
What Are the Symptoms?
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are:
- Prolonged, sometimes violent sneezing
- Itchy, painful nose, throat, and roof of mouth
- Stuffy, runny nose
- Postnasal drip, resulting in coughing
- Watery, itchy eyes
- Head and nasal congestion
- Ear pressure or fullness
These symptoms are often seasonal.
Call Your Doctor About Hay Fever If:
- Your condition becomes so severe that it interferes with your life and you're unable to control it with over-the-counter medications.
- A secondary infection develops in congested sinus cavities; signs are fever, facial pain, postnasal drip, bad breath, and sinus or tooth pain or tenderness.