Coughs, Age 12 and Older - Check Your Symptoms
Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You cough up blood.
- You have new or worse trouble breathing.
- You have a new or higher fever.
- You have a new rash.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You cough more deeply or more often, especially if you notice more mucus or a change in the color of your mucus.
- You have new symptoms, such as a sore throat, an earache, or sinus pain.
- You do not get better as expected.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Coughs, Age 12 and Older Topics