Pinkeye - Check Your Symptoms
Call a doctor if:
- There is a new difference between the sizes of the pupils.
- The skin around the eye or eyelid is red.
- You have blurring or loss of vision that does not clear at all when you blink.
- You have pain in the eye, not just irritation.
- Light is very painful for your eye.
- You think you may have an object in the eye.
- The eye is red, and there is a yellow, green, or bloody discharge that does not begin to go away in 24 hours. You may need antibiotics.
Pinkeye lasts longer than 7 days.
- Your eye has not improved within 48 hours after you start using antibiotics.
- You wear contact lenses, and you have pinkeye.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.