Lightened Campbell’s Green Bean Casserole continued...
Dash of freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup French’s French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly cook frozen beans according to package instructions; drain well.
- In a 1-quart casserole dish or 9-inch square baking dish, combine condensed soup, sour cream, half-and-half, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans and 2/3 cup of French fried onions.
- Bake until bubbly (25- 30 minutes) and serve.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1/2 cup "vegetables with 1 tablespoon fat maximum"
Nutrition Information: Per serving: 107 calories, 3 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 2.3 g fiber, 292 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 34%.
Lightened Bisquick Easy Pumpkin Pie
1 cup canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin)
1/2 cup Heart Smart Bisquick pancake and baking mix
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup fat-free half-and-half (can substitute evaporate milk)
1 tablespoon rum or Grand Marnier (or similar)
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or use 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground ginger)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, a higher omega-3 brand if available
1/4 cup egg substitute
Light whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with canola cooking spray or grease lightly with margarine.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the pie ingredients (not including whipped topping) by beating on medium-low speed. Pour into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate until completely chilled (about 3 hours). Serve with light whipped topping, if desired. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Yield: Makes 10 servings
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1 portion light dessert
Nutrition Information: Per serving: 100 calories, 3 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, 23 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 127 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 11%.