Cooking Tips From Chef Robert Wiedmaier
Steamed Red Snapper en Papillote With Vegetables and Carrot Broth
Makes 4 servings
4 sheets parchment paper
1 Tbsp olive oil
10-12 cilantro stems
1 stalk lemon grass (sliced)
4 7-ounce red snapper fillets
1/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 daikon radish, peeled and julienned
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
4 green onions, washed and split into four pieces
1 red pepper, julienned
1 yellow pepper, julienned
10 snow peas, julienned
1 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup carrot juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Fold parchment paper in half, and cut a heart shape.
2. Spread each heart-shaped parchment on a work table, and evenly divide the olive oil among all four, greasing the middle of the paper evenly. Evenly distribute the cilantro stems and lemon grass slices over the olive oil.
3. Place red snapper fillets, skin side up, on one side of each heart and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Evenly distribute the vegetables and cilantro leaves over the snapper. Fold parchment paper over snapper and seal edges, leaving a 1-inch space open.
4. Pour 1/4 cup wine and 1/8 cup carrot juice through the space in each parchment packet, and close up.
5. Place the four packets on a baking pan and bake 8 1/2 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Per serving: 317 calories, 38 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 316 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 22%