1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (can substitute 1 tsp vanilla extract added after custard is removed from heat)
2 Tbsp chopped pistachios
1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup milk in a small bowl and let stand 5 minutes until thickened.
2. Combine remaining milk, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla bean in heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a simmer (do not boil) over medium-low heat. Remove from heat, remove vanilla bean, and add gelatin mixture.
3. Stir until gelatin mixture is completely dissolved.
4. Pour mixture into individual ramekins coated with cooking spray.
5. Cover and chill until set (about 6 to 8 hours).
6. Peel and chop mango into bite-size pieces.
7. Invert ramekins on individual plates. Garnish with mango and pistachios.