Total Time: 15 mins
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 5 slices dark rye bread
- 3 1/2 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced
- 1 head Belgium endive, leaves separated, washed, and dried well
- Step 1
- Beat light cream cheese and chopped scallion together in a small bowl with an electric mixer or by hand. Spread the mixture thinly on one side of each slice of bread (all 5 slices).
- Step 2
- Layer the salmon over the cream-cheese mixture on 2 1/2 of the slices (cut one of the slices in half). Then top the salmon evenly with the endive leaves.
- Step 3
- Place the remaining bread slices (including the half-slice) over each sandwich and press down firmly. Wrap well, and keep chilled in refrigerator until ready to serve. Cut the rest of the sandwiches in half before serving.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.