Coffee, Tea, or Fitness Water? continued...
Oh, you want to be kind to your wallet and get your fluids the good old-fashioned way, with plain drinking water? You can always consider these options to help you jazz up plain water and meet your fluid needs:
- Create your own flavored water with the addition of fruit slices such as lemon, lime, or orange. They will all add great flavor with virtually no added calories.
- Freeze chunks of fruit or citrus zest in ice cubes that you then use to flavor plain water.
- A splash of cranberry or fruit juice and a wedge of lime to turn plain sparkling water into a delicious treat.
- Make iced tea from a combination of flavorful teas such as mint, mango, or cherry.
- Herbal teas are soothing and come in a variety of flavors without extra calories.
- Flavored seltzer waters without added sugars are wonderfully refreshing water alternatives.
- Try some homemade lemonade -- low-sugar, of course!
Remember to limit your intake of caffeinated, artificially sweetened, and alcoholic beverages to fulfill your requirements as these beverages can rob your body of fluids and contribute to dehydration.
In the end, regardless of your choice of beverage, the most important thing is to drink up for good health!