Grilled Tuscan Chicken With Arugula and Tomatoes continued...
5. Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and shallots. Toss well with arugula until coated.
6. Place a piece of grilled chicken on each plate. Top with one cup prepared arugula and a quarter of the tomatoes.
7. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings
Asian Chicken Stir-Fry
The Asian-inspired sauce's sweet zing appeals to kids, making this a great way to get them to eat more produce.
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vinegar, any type
3 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp dried ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch strips
4 cups assorted vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups cooked whole grain brown rice
1. Combine honey, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Preheat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp oil.
3. Stir-fry chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until done; remove from pan.
4. Add 1 tsp oil and stir-fry half the vegetables until crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining oil and veggies.
5. Return chicken, vegetables, and sauce to wok or skillet. Cook briefly to thicken sauce and heat thoroughly.
6. Serve over rice.
Makes 4 servings
White Chicken Chili
Make a batch of this super-nutritious chili on weekends and freeze individual portions for easy school-night dinners.
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 4.5-oz can chopped chiles, undrained
3 10.5-oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
1 19-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen white corn, thawed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp white pepper