Cod Tacos With Jalapeño Coleslaw continued...
1 to 2 limes, cut in wedges
1. Make coleslaw: Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl, whisk to blend, and toss with coleslaw mix to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Coat a large, nonstick grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle cod fillets with salt and pepper. Add to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until flaky. Remove fish from pan.
3. Warm tortillas; then place cod, onions, and coleslaw on each. Garnish with tomatoes and cilantro. Fold tortillas in half, and serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: 291 calories, 30 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 258 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 9%
Mediterranean Cod Packets With Quinoa
Makes 6 servings
Cod is a lean fish, so it gets dry if overcooked. These packets ensure moist fillets.
1½ cups quinoa
1/2 tsp salt
6 (5-ounce) cod fillets
1 tsp garlic powder
dash of salt
1 tsp pepper
1½ tsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp capers, drained
1 large Vidalia (or other sweet) onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh, flat-leaf parsley
juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup dry white wine (can substitute chicken stock)
6 (12- to 18-inch) sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil
1. Rinse and drain quinoa. In a 4-quart heavy-bottom pan, bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa and salt. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook about 15-18 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
2. Heat grill to medium-high. Sprinkle cod fillets with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Combine olive oil, capers, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and white wine in a medium bowl. Place one fillet on the center of each piece of foil, and top with onion mixture. Bring edges of foil together and fold and crimp them to seal packets, leaving room for expansion.
3. Place foil packets on grill. Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from grill. Carefully open packets and serve over quinoa.
Per serving: 317 calories, 31 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 317 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 17%