Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Ovarian Cancer
- How far has my ovarian cancer spread?
- Do I have to have both of my ovaries removed? If so, will I have hot flashes?
- How confident are you that all of the cancer has been removed?
- Which chemotherapy drugs do you recommend? Do I have any other treatment options?
- How long will I have to undergo chemotherapy?
- What side effects should I look for? Are there ways to minimize these side effects?
- Will I need any additional surgery?
- Should I be tested for the BRCA-1 mutation? What should I do if the test is positive?
- What signs should I look for that might indicate the ovarian cancer has come back?
- How often should I come in for follow-up visits?
Arnold Wax, MD on June 03, 2012
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.