Weaning - When to Call a Doctor
Talk to your child's doctor
- Your baby refuses all solid food and is older
than 6 to 8 months of age.
- Your baby has changed from sleeping
through the night to waking up during the night hungry.
- Your baby
dental cavities (caries).
- Your baby seems
overweight for his or her age, size, or birth weight.
- Your toddler
(1 to 2 years old) focuses on breast- or bottle-feeding and does not play with
- Your toddler never wants to be away from
- Your baby is older than 18 months of age and is still drinking
from a bottle.
- You are emotionally ready to wean your baby.
Who to see
Health professionals who can deal with
your concerns about weaning include:
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 04, 2011
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.