12 Healthy Snacks Kids Will Love
3. Thinly slice an apple or pear, and spread each slice with a dab of almond butter. Stack them from largest to smallest so you build a tower on the plate.
4. Frozen peas and corn may sound weird to adults, but some kids love them! Pair them with string cheese.
5. Make a milkshake with a frozen banana, milk, and peanut butter. (Use whole milk for kids ages 1 to 2 and low-fat milk for older kids.)
6. Cut carrots and apples into matchsticks, and toss them together into a little salad. Top with toasted slivered almonds or walnuts.
7. Mix a chunky salsa with some black beans and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Serve with baked blue corn chips.
8. Mix canned tuna with dried cranberries and a bit of mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. Spread on pieces of celery.
9. Serve guacamole with whole-grain chips. Make this snack even more fun when you slice the avocado and let your kids mash it.
10. Take a whole-grain pita and have your kids top it with their favorite veggies, like broccoli, peppers, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with a little cheese, bake in the oven, and serve them pizza as a snack!
11. Cut bananas into four pieces, dip them in plain yogurt, and roll in crushed whole-grain graham crackers. Serve it then or freeze it for later.
12. Slice apples and toss them with oats, cinnamon, and a little brown sugar. Bake in the oven until they're crisp, and serve with a dollop of low-fat yogurt on top.