Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Image Source / Getty Images
(2) LWA/Dann Tardif / Getty Images
(3) Vladimir Pcholkin / Taxi / Getty Images
(4) Steven Puetzer / Photographer's Choice / Getty Images
(5) Jan Tyler / iStockphoto
(6) James Woodson / Digital Vision / Getty Images
(7) David De Lossy / Photodisc / Getty Images
(8) A. Chederros / ONOKY / Getty Images
(9) Olivier Ribardiere / Photodisc / Photographer's Choice / Getty Images
American Academy of Pediatrics.
Marat Zeltsman, DO, pediatrician, Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.
Marshalyn Yeargin-Allsopp, MD, medical epidemiologist, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, CDC.
Michelle Bailey, MD, medical director, Duke Health Center at Southpoint.
National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities.
Reviewed by Roy Benaroch, MD on October 04, 2016
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.