Hair Loss - When To Call a Doctor
Call your doctor if:
- Your hair loss is sudden, rather than gradual.
- You notice hair shedding in large amounts after combing or brushing, or if your hair becomes thinner or falls out.
- You are concerned that a medicine may be causing your hair loss.
- Your skin is scaly or has a rash, or you have any change on your skin or scalp with hair loss.
- Your hair is gradually thinning and balding, and you want to discuss treatment options with your doctor.
Who to see
Health professionals who can give you advice and treatment on hair loss include:
Hair transplant surgery is usually done by:
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
March 12, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.