User Reviews & Ratings - LYSINE

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of LYSINE.

«LYSINE Information

See products with LYSINE

12/11/2012 7:08:26 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I have had canker sores since very young (52) several times per month. Taken after 10 pm-works better.

11/8/2012 4:00:30 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
It works best if I use it within hours of the onset of a cold sore. I take 2 500 mg tablets immediately, then 2 more at the end of the day, then, morning and night the next three days. The cold sore does not develop and will gradually disappear.

11/1/2012 1:30:35 PM

Reviewer: Jkr, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been getting cold sores for years and they usually blister into really large noticeable sores that last for weeks. I got one a few days ago and went to the closest store to buy a topical treatment but they were sold out but I remembered somebody told me about Lysine supplements. Desperate, I bought it. It didn't make my cold sore go away but it kept It so small that others didn't ev ... Show Full Comment

10/17/2012 2:10:36 PM

Reviewer: MusicMom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I only take about 1000 mg of L-Lysine once a month and it prevents cold sores from forming. It does upset my stomach so I take it after I eat and with milk.

9/8/2012 9:44:38 PM

Reviewer: Salli, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I quit smoking 8 months ago and started getting painful sores on the inside of my mouth. My friend ( a nurse practioner) recommended Lysine and I honestly have had no sores sense. I take 500mg/ day. The first few weeks it gave me diarrhea, but that went away with time.

St Johns wart