Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - BIOTIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BIOTIN.

«BIOTIN Information

See products with BIOTIN

11/30/2015 1:51:38 AM

Reviewer: Stargirl, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started using Biotin in hopes to grow out my hair since it takes as much time to grow as it takes a turtle to go around the world and it would break off a lot too. I started in August with the 2500mcg pill that melts in your mouth. The cherry flavor did not have an after taste at all; my nails became much much harder and longer; my face isn't breaking out besides during menstruation and I ba ... Show Full Comment

11/25/2015 6:21:07 AM

Reviewer: Sharmaine, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
My skin is already nice and smooth but my hair started breaking off real bad so I started using biotin HSN 10,000 mg and I immediately started seeing results in my hair longer and healthier and my nails started to grow... Got them from Walmart for $7 I looovvveeee them

10/5/2015 6:30:56 PM

Reviewer: DR Walker, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I was suffering from hair loss in the center of my head. The biotin has helped my hair to grow and get thicker. I also notice a difference in my eyebrows, which had become very thin. My eyebrows are becoming fuller, and I am using less, and less eye pencil.

9/12/2015 8:00:47 AM

Reviewer: Blondbear, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been experiencing hair loss. Dermatologist recommended biotin. Age and possible stress as factors. So far, after 3 months, the shedding seems to have slowed but the hair is still thinner.

8/8/2015 8:55:45 PM

Reviewer: Lisa, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
Started taking biotin 10,000 mcg (Natures Bounty extra strength) about 6 months ago because my hair was thinning in the front and coming out by the handful at each washing. My hair has thickened significantly and grown about 4 inches in length. Have not seen much difference in nail growth although there has been a significant reduction in splitting. Highly recommend biotin supplements.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?