User Reviews & Ratings - BIOTIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BIOTIN.

«BIOTIN Information

See products with BIOTIN

1/11/2015 11:15:28 AM

Reviewer: Kicky, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
My nails kept splitting painfully and too deeply to really cut to fix. Also a lot of hair appeared on my pillow,,etc. After about two weeks on on Biotin 1000 mcg. my hair stopped falling out, my nails are strong, my hair is curling as it grows! I have seen no side affects such as mentioned on this forum after taking biotin for over a year. I recently bought biotin 5000 but may take one every othe ... Show Full Comment

11/10/2014 9:54:06 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Lowered my insulin level when I was taking it for my nails be aware it will make your sugar drop talk to the doc I bad to stop taking my 2dose because my levelsbwould drop dangersly

7/14/2014 12:10:10 PM

Reviewer: Sarthur, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I am taking 5000 mcg of Biotin per day. Gradually over 3 mo. my finger nails are strengthening, although they still have ridges and crack on occasion.

8/6/2013 2:12:41 PM

Reviewer: ninaraj, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Been taking for about 3-4 months and I love it! I am 75 and my nails have been peeling and cracking for the past few years. Now I have to get a manicure so they don't get TOO long. I take 1000mcg a day. May reduce the amount soon.

7/31/2013 6:27:53 AM

Reviewer: alexismh, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
As I've gotten older my hair has naturally thinned a bit. A stylist told me to take biotin. I'm not sure if it's helped that but I was having a horrible time with peeling, fragile nails. That was a new development for me. After I'd been taking the biotin for a couple of months, I noticed that my nails were much stronger and stopped peeling.

St Johns wart