User Reviews & Ratings - BIOTIN

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BIOTIN.

«BIOTIN Information

See products with BIOTIN

1/24/2012 9:09:30 AM

Reviewer: Grace, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
My nails are stronger than ever now and its only been 2 months taking the 5000mcg

1/11/2012 2:12:26 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
My nails have definitely imnproved but I have been noticing some facial hair growth, peach fuzz type. I am wonder if this could be from the biotin.

10/4/2011 10:51:07 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I am a 59 year old female who has bad paper thin, splitting nails most of my life. It was recommended to me by my cosmetologist to take biotin. I started taking 5000 mcg of biotin for about a year. I didn't see any results, so quit taking the supplement. At least seven months later my nails are hard as nails and gorgeous without any polish on them. I have started back on the biotin becaus ... Show Full Comment

3/27/2011 4:54:31 PM

Reviewer: ruthgray, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
My dermatologist put me on a low dose of Biotin a year ago. Every time I used up that bottle, and I did not experience any side effects, he increased the dose. I am now on 5 mg., one pill a day, and my nails are strong and thick and not breaking. My white hair is now thick. I am almost 80 years old. Just go slow and start on low dose.

7/5/2010 12:02:51 AM

Reviewer: DebbieSWZ, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I started taking 3,000 mcg of Biotin a day to help my nails get stronger almost a year ago (end of August ’09). It worked! However I started having pretty severe headaches from it. At first I thought the headaches were related to something at work (the start of a new school year, as I work for the school district). However, it finally occurred to me after about 2 ½ months of frequent seve ... Show Full Comment

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber