User Reviews & Ratings - ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID.

«ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID Information

See products with ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID

9/28/2014 2:36:18 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
ALA did what other prescription medications for shingles did not do. The doctor is not sure I actually had shingles, as I had only pain in back and around waist, no rash or blistering. Finally, after 3 months of no improvement I read about ALA. Within a week I was almost 100% back to normal and pain free. I was amazed.

8/6/2014 2:56:59 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
used to limit side effects from chemo for colon cancer

4/27/2014 9:48:33 PM

Reviewer: MrsFatigue, 35-44 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I'm scared to speak too soon, but I have been taking this for about a month for my severe fibromyalgia and the last few days are the best I've felt in years. This is the only change in my meds in that time. It took a month to get to this point, but I'm shocked. It's important to take the *R* alpha lipoic acid, not just "alpha lipoic acid". My spasms have decreased and my ... Show Full Comment

1/9/2014 4:10:26 PM

Reviewer: dskeydet, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been using ALA for about 6 months I do not have any numbness in my hands and fingers any more. I use the Daily Manufacturing brand I bought at www.EQPDI.com

9/13/2013 2:54:50 PM

Reviewer: C.R., 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Following Ciprofloxacin toxicity, I developed peripheral neuropathy and CNS symptoms. I take ALA 600 mg 2-3x a day. It has reduced my symptoms (tremors, numbness, tingling, insomnia, dizziness, lightheadedness, blurred vision) to almost non-existent. I will take an extra pill if I plan on drinking alcohol.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber